DevOps Engineer (Virtual Contact Center) (Remote/Iasi)
For additional information, visit , or follow 8x8 on , and .
8x8 is in the process of changing, modernizing and consolidating our infrastructure, systems and deployment practices. We are a global unified telecommunications company and as such we have a global infrastructure consisting of multiple physical data centers and Cloud (AWS, OCI) regions. We are looking for someone up to the challenge to help us bring order, consistency, high availability and consistency across what we do on the data & database management side. The goal is to help us build shared infrastructure services and automate everything from a data services point-of-view, whether it’s a database, NoSQL, or something that holds data to be consumed by others. We’re looking at migrating our infrastructure to Kubernetes so almost everything we do should be done in Kubernetes as much as possible. If you are a DevOps engineer who is comfortable with coding and interested in building out tools and infrastructure focused on system level availability, agility, transparency and scalability, then we have the right challenge for you.
- Maintain and scale production services across multiple data centers and cloud providers
- Improve scalability, service reliability, capacity and performance
- Write automation code for provisioning and operating infrastructure at scale
- Work with development teams to make sure the applications fit nicely within the infrastructure and scalability/reliability/security is designed and implemented from the start
- Collaborate with QE on building pipelines and automation for delivering and deploying applications to production
- Roll up the sleeves to troubleshoot incidents, formulate theories and test your hypothesis and narrow down possibilities to find the root cause
- Flexibility for on call duties (follow the sun model)
- Hands on experience in building fault tolerant and scalable systems
- Tools-first mindset. You build tools for yourself and others to increase efficiency and to make hard or repetitive tasks easy and quick
- Organized, focused on building, improving, resolving and delivering. Good communicator in and across teams
- Tools and technologies used: Java, Wavefront, Kafka, ElasticSearch, Docker, Kubernetes, VMWare ESXi, AWS, OCI (Oracle Cloud Infrastructure), Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform,
- Experience with Unix/Linux
- Experience with cloud environments
- Experience with configuration management (Ansible, Chef), CI/CD (Jenkins, GoCD)
- Experience in building and monitoring fault tolerant and scalable systems
Nice to have:
- Containerization knowledge
- Experience with SIP/RTP and other real time communication protocols such as WebRTC
- OpenSIPS, FreeSWITCH or relevant VOIP applications experience
Working at 8x8:
- Industry leading, award winning technology and recognized on two Gartner Magic Quadrants
- Inclusive, supportive and collaborative culture yet with a winning mentality
- Encouragement and environment to make a difference
- Fun – check out our Instagram posts in the UK, Romania and the US, the smiles are real
- Deep passion for doing the best for our customers, giving them the best service and the best technology
For a closer look into what life at 8x8 International and the Cluj office look like check out our page.
8x8 believes diversity makes our company stronger which is why we are a proud equal opportunities employer and encourage all of our staff to bring their authentic selves to work. We believe in fairness and we believe in security so reserve the right to undertake background checks on anyone that we extend an employment offer to.For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found .