Social Media Content Creator & Community Manager
Who We are
OhmConnect was created to improve the lives of people and the health of the planet by reimagining the way we use energy. We are tackling such a grand challenge by solving substantial inefficiencies in energy markets, changing how people use and view energy, and connecting smart homes with the smart grid. At OhmConnect, we build products that connect deeply with consumers and invite them to take action to positively impact the planet, their communities, and their own finances.
We are looking for a hard-working, efficient and creative individual who loves creating buzz-worthy social media content, fostering good vibes in social communities and providing world-class experiences for customers.
In the role of Social Media Content Creator and Community Manager you will work with the Head of Online Content and Community and our Marketing and Customer Experience Teams to deliver a wide variety of written and visual content online and provide remarkable experiences to our customers.
This is a privileged position that requires a jack-of-all-trades type of person. You’ll be in charge of ideation, creation and scheduling of written and visual content to be featured on all of OhmConnect’s social media channels. You’ll also work with our customers on a daily basis, helping them feel amazing about their interactions with OhmConnect by answering questions and fielding comments in a timely fashion. This role is critical in delivering one of our core values to ‘Put Families First,’ and in supporting our vision to improve the lives of people and the health of the planet by reimagining the way we use energy.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with the Head of Online Content and Community to translate OhmConnect’s overall growth strategy and key messages into visual content
- Generate, curate, edit, and schedule engaging content daily to engage customers and prospects with the brand (which includes graphic design with a tool like Canva as well as video creation + editing on your preferred platform.)
- Collaborate with other teams like Marketing, Product and Customer Experience to ensure brand consistency
- Engage with communities, partners and influential prospects to build relationships within the industry and encourage community voice (specifically on Twitter and LinkedIn)
- Curate user generated content and grow customer voices to build the brand
- Monitor data trends and social media metrics, reporting on progress and benchmarking performance
- Communicate with followers and respond to queries in a timely manner
- Champion our customers. It’s your responsibility to make sure their voices are heard, their questions are answered, and problems are resolved with humanity, grace, brilliance, and fun
- Participate in stand-ups, where we discuss updates, strategies, blockers, and set the tone for the week
- Participate in reflections on what worked, what didn’t, and how we can do better. (Yes, we’re obsessed with learning and growth!)
- Analyze content or campaigns, report findings and provide recommendations
Who you are
- You’re a fabulous communicator with top-notch copywriting skills
- You have a knack for storytelling through visual mediums like video, Instagram/Facebook stories and TikTok
- You’re up to date with the latest social media platforms and trends
- You are empathetic and love helping people – you reflect on situations and try to understand why people do what they do
- You embrace smart devices and new technologies and are comfortable translating somewhat technical (and sometimes dry!) information into snackable, interesting pieces of content
- You have strong time management skills and are efficient with your time (We’re a fast-paced startup so we move quickly!)
- You work collaboratively in a team but also get things done independently
- No particular schooling required – we want to see what you’ve done in the real world!
- Demonstrable experience creating and managing online and social media content (Platforms you’ll use include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Reddit, NextDoor, Pinterest and YouTube.)
- Three or more years’ experience as a Social Media/Community Manager
- Experience with basic graphic design (including in programs like Canva or similar)
- Experience creating photo/video content that is engaging and successful across channels and audiences
- Should be comfortable being on camera as needed to demonstrate products in use, and add a level of personality to the content
- Experience with or interest in the world of climate and energy is a plus
- A competitive salary based on experience.
- Fully remote work environment with home office set-up allowance.
- Real and lived work-life balance – Company perks include unlimited vacation (which our C-level team actively encourages everyone to take!), parental leave, and a corporate value of putting families first.
- Competitive benefits package that includes a full suite of wellness benefits.
- Opportunity to work with amazing people who are passionate about reversing climate change, thriving in a fully-remote work environment, and learning and growing every day.