Social Media Intern / Part Time
Join our Cosmic PET team!
Cosmic Pet is a multi-branded, international company that designs and manufactures pet products for cats and dogs. Formerly known separately as Hyper Pet, R2P Pet, and OurPets, the combined company is an industry leader of innovative and stimulating pet toys and accessories that help strengthen the bond between pets and their parents.
Our mission is to lead in the pet industry by developing iconic and trend-setting products that create value for our partners by delivering great experiences for pets and their families. Cosmic Pet continually strives to exceed the expectations of all our customers while providing only the best for our four-legged friends.
Cosmic Pet is growing our Marketing team with a part-time, paid, on-site position. As our brands continue to grow through both e-commerce and in-store sales channels, we are looking to add a driven Social Media Intern with a passion for digital communication and pets. The role will be assisting the Social Media Manager with multiple platforms for a variety of company brands. The intern will have experience managing accounts, creating content and growing online communities.
· Creating content for Instagram, IG Stories, IG Reels, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube
· Selecting and reformatting photos and design assets for product features
· Writing creative and branded captions
· Editing videos for TikTok and IG Reels
· Finding engaging content and re-sharing
· Engaging with customers and potential customers through DMs and comments
· Responding to DMs in a timely manner
· Searching hashtags and brand tags for mentions to like, reply to and re-share
· Building relationships with influencers: cat, dog and people!
· Assisting with contests
· Monitoring competitors and current trends
· Approximately 25 hours per week
· Assisting with lifestyle photography
· Personalizing influencer samples from our office in Wichita
· Designing Thank You cards for key influencers
· Degree or diploma in Marketing or Communications
· Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Lightroom
· Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
· Experience using video editing software
· Excellent writing skills
· Proficient in Hootsuite or other scheduling platforms
· Ability to work independently and as a team
· Loves pets!
How to apply:
Please apply with your resume, cover letter and portfolio of your recent work.
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
- Flexible schedule
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Desired Wage
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Marketing or Communications: 1 year (Required)
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Lightroom: 1 year (Required)
- Hootsuite: 2 years (Required)
- Fully Remote