Customer Support Specialist (Remote)
We’re seeking an upbeat and enthusiastic individual to join our small, intentional team as a Customer Support Specialist. This team member will represent the Made Trade voice and will work to ensure each and every customer’s experience is a great one. We solve customer needs and questions swiftly, effectively and always with great consideration for the needs of our customer. We are looking for an individual who is committed to supporting small businesses, is a self-starter, a great team player, and who wants to grow with our company for the long term.
This is a fully remote position, but you must be based in the United States. This position will start as an hourly freelance position at $20 an hour. This position will convert to a full-time salaried role with an annual salary of $45,000 with three weeks paid vacation, health insurance, and Made Trade’s full benefits package after 3 months based on performance.
What you’ll do
- Consistently deliver a positive customer support experience in a timely manner to every customer who reaches out
- Communicate clearly and effectively with customers via email, live chat, and phone through customer service platform
- Inform and educate the customer about Made Trade’s products, policies, and values
- Become an expert on the Made Trade catalog in order to suggest products to customers and help them find exactly what they’re looking for
- Analyze return trends and suggest updates to products based on customer feedback
- Work as a liaison between partners, warehouses, shipping carriers, and the customer to ensure orders are shipped and received on time
What you’ll bring
- Positive, enthusiastic attitude: Possess a high level of positive energy and interest in customer inquiries. This is very important for our customer support department.
- Clear communication: Strong written and verbal communication.
- Creative problem solving: Ability to provide articulate and concise solutions for customers.
- Time management: Balance multiple channels of communication, as well as correspondence with team members, making sure to respond within a reasonable time frame.
- Support experience: Must have relevant experience in customer support, ideally for an online company.
- Digitally savvy: Must be tech savvy and have the ability to learn new programs quickly. Experience with Zendesk or Gorgias is preferred.
- Empathy: Ability to connect with, and relate to customer issues and feedback. Must be patient, good-humored, and be able to interact well with a broad spectrum of personalities.
- Flexibility: Willingness to be flexible, work collaboratively and find creative solutions to problems. Comfortable in a start-up environment.
- A good eye: Suggest helpful home and personal styling advice.
- Experience using a helpdesk platform (Zendesk, Gorgias, Freshdesk, etc.) and experience in the conscious consumerism space are both a plus.
- Perspective — don’t take anything personally. Customers who reach out to our customer support department are lovely people who have likely encountered a problem that’s throwing a wrench into their day. Sometimes their frustration may cause them to write abrupt, upset, angry, or irritated emails. You’re not easily affected and can keep a cool head while helping the customer resolve their issue. You’re able to not let someone’s else’s stress become your own and instead can ameliorate issues and create an incredible experience with the Made Trade brand no matter what the problem may be.
- This position reports to the Customer Support Manager.
Who we are
Made Trade is the largest ethical and sustainable online store in the United States. Our site and our editorial magazine, Made Trade Magazine, help conscious consumers find beautifully-designed, ethically made goods for the modern wardrobe and home. We’re a small, but mighty team of exceptionally talented folks who wear a lot of hats and enjoy working together to make our planet a better place. The Made Trade team works remotely both in the U.S. and internationally.
This position will start as an hourly position at $20 an hour. This position will convert to a full-time salaried role with an annual salary of $45,000 with three weeks vacation, health insurance, and Made Trade’s full benefits package after 3 months based on performance.
How to apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
Sustainable fashion, fair trade, vegan, handmade, artisan, ethical sourcing