Public Cloud Engagement Manager (Remote)
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
The Confluent Public Cloud Engagement Manager is part of the team assigned to AWS on a global basis. This position is responsible for providing leadership, management, and strategy for the sell with/go-to-market engagement and all joint activities with AWS. The Engagement Manager will have a myriad of different responsibilities to ensure leverage and consistent engagement with AWS to drive customer engagements, qualified pipeline, and cloud bookings that meet and exceed quota and expectations. The Engagement Manager will be part of the team that coordinates Confluent sales activities and will be a central conduit for engagement management between the Confluent’s sales organization and AWS. The Public Cloud Engagement Manager will report to the Director of AWS Alliance but will have several dotted line coordination requirements for consistent communication and engagement with Business Development, Marketing, Channels, Inside Sales, and Product Marketing/Development. You will be a knowledge expert on all aspects of AWS and will be asked to present at QBRs, executive meetings, training, and events.
The Public Cloud Engagement Manager role is highly strategic to the company and the Public Cloud initiative in regards to strategy, influence, and execution. The Engagement Manager is required to contribute to the larger Confluent’s Public Cloud strategy outside of their day-to-day activities and will be called upon for their subject matter expertise in training, QBRs, enablement, and other engagement activities. It is expected that the Cloud Engagement manager has consistent interaction and engagement with customers, strategic vendors, channel partners and other third parties in support of the “sell with” activities with AWS. The Engagement Manager will demonstrate a deep understanding of AWS go-to-market strategies including but not limited to co-selling, strategic planning and goal setting, channel programs, marketing campaigns and programs, strategic events, and funnel management. Since this is a global role, the Public Cloud Engagement manager must be able to manage activities on a worldwide scale with sufficient attention to all four theaters.
- Manage all joint sell with and go to market activities with AWS
- Maintain awareness and track all opportunities, pipeline, and bookings and provide forecasts and funnel management reports
- Facilitate co-selling opportunities, account mapping, and other sales engagements between Confluent’s field sales and the AWS sales teams
- Support and engage Confluent’s field sales organization on engagement management with AWS.
- Provide content for Public Cloud training curriculum and sales enablement
- Coordinate activities and have involvement with the Public Cloud virtual team of Business Development, Marketing, Product Management, Channels, and Sales as part of cloud strategy
- Develop annual strategic plan and performance goals for assigned Cloud Provider
- Provide support and coordination for channel activity with assigned Cloud Provider
- Understand and articulate the Public Cloud provider’s strategic initiatives and gain a deep understanding of the activities, roadmap, and vision of the Cloud Provider
- Provide an escalation point for pre-sales and post-sales issues for any activity with the Public Cloud provider
- Build and maintain relationships with key personnel in the Public Cloud provider to solidify Confluent’s standing and awareness within the provider and to assist in the development of key relationships with the extended Confluent’s cloud team and executives
- Direct engagement and partner relationships are a critical part of this role
- Help provide insight into the support of Public Cloud events and attend/participate in the events
- Provide support in the form of expertise and training for Confluent’s field sales enablement
- BA, BS (or equivalent work experience), MBA preferred
- 10+ Years experience in Sales Leadership – Account or Channel Management
- Proven experience in the management of large global accounts
- 3+ years of proven worldwide experience is preferred
- Public Cloud experience preferred
- Channel experience including selling with or managing channel partners is preferred
- Channel Program experience is a plus
- Demonstrated history of managing quota bearing sales or channel teams
- Current ability to deliver comprehensive security solutions to Confluent’s customer base, and maintains a general understanding of competitive selling strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a virtual and matrix environment
- Proven ability to manage a myriad of different disciplines and tasks in a high pressure, time-sensitive environment
- 40%-50% Travel with ability to travel internationally
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
- Whatever it takes" attitude and motivation to do whatever necessary to assist in winning business
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our , which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.