SP Marketing & Design is seeking to hire a freelance copywriter! As a freelance copywriter, you will be tasked with writing clear and concise copy for websites, marketing materials, and the occasional ad. The most successful candidate will be a self-starter, quick learner with a versatile writing style.
Compensation will be determined based on prior experience. You will receive deadlines for each task/project that is delegated to you. When you decide to work on these tasks is up to you as long as they get done prior to the deadline that is set.
Objectives of this Role
- Continually raise the bar on creativity, writing fresh copy that connects with the desired audience and drives action
- Comfortably vary voice, style, and other characteristics demanded by the industry, company, or target audience at hand
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of communication and client-related industry trends
- Stay updated on appropriate style guidelines and brand voice for consistency in messaging
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Interpret creative briefs to develop and produce creative copy for assigned clients to use on websites.
- Research and understand the client's needs and target audiences, through online searches, reviews of existing research, interviews with subject matter experts, and in-person meetings
- Write original copy and, or edit outdated content for a range of clients in different industries.
- Present copy concepts and final deliverables to internal team.
- Revise copy based on internal and client feedback/direction
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 2 years copywriting experience with a solid portfolio of work
- Exceptional writing and research skill
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent organizational skill and multitasking ability
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Basic knowledge and understanding of SEO is a plus.
- Proofreading experience and familiarity with standard style guides a plus
- A keen eye for detail and appreciation of great design
- Bonus points for a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, english, communications, or PR
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $10.00 - $50.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Please share a link to your portfolio or examples of your work
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Creative writing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Copywriting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Fully Remote