Digital Content Manager
Freelance Position Description
Seeking: Digital Content Manager
Department: MSO Marketing Co-op
CTAM Contact: Sr. Director, Digital Marketing
Date June 10, 2021
CTAM is seeking an experienced Content Manager to support a national, award-winning marketing campaign targeted towards movers.
This individual will partner with the Sr. Director of Digital Marketing and an outside SEO agency to define, develop and execute content strategy for the mover program on behalf of the largest cable providers in the United States. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience writing content and developing and executing content strategy. The candidate should have advanced knowledge of SEO including keyword analysis, on-page optimization as well as content management systems (CMS) like WordPress, Drupal etc. Above all, the ideal candidate should have a demonstrable track record of developing engaging content (articles, blog posts, infographics, social media posts, guest posts etc.) as part of a larger brand and SEO strategy. The individual will be results and metrics-driven and have experience working in a matrix organization. This role requires close coordination of cross-functional activity with agency partners, cable operator clients and the CTAM mover team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a content strategy and a clearly defined content roadmap to drive double-digit annual growth in organic search traffic.
- Own all aspects of content development and execution for the SmartMove website, including co-ordination with the SEO agency, technology partners, freelance content writers, social media specialist and CTAM stakeholders.
- Develop new website content that is relevant and aligned with the overall SEO strategy and manage freelance content writers.
- Partner with the SEO agency to perform content audit, identify content gaps and manage remediation.
- Stay on top of latest content trends and best practices; evangelize to the rest of team, create guidelines for new content in partnership with the SEO agency (page titles, metadata etc.) and ensure the website adheres to the guidelines.
- Monitor website traffic and user engagement pertaining to content (e.g., conversions, bounce rates, time on page etc.), communicate to the stakeholders on a regular basis, develop insights, recommendations and make necessary adjustments to the content plan.
- Ideate long-form content, infographics, interactive tools and other content-driven initiatives and oversee implementation.
- Use Google Search Console, SEMRush and other SEO tools to quickly identify and fix any content related technical issues.
- Partner with cable operator stakeholders and media partners to ensure content pertaining to cable operators (pricing, offers, disclaimers etc.) is up to date and any issues are identified and resolved immediately.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher required.
- 5+ years of progressive work experience in content writing and management.
- Advanced understanding of different aspects of SEO
- Experience working with SEO platforms such as Moz, SEMRush, Ahrefs as well as analytics platforms such as Google Search Console, Google Analytics etc.
- Experience collaborating with outside agencies and multiple stakeholders.
- Proven track record of success in a fast-paced marketing environment.
- Bring a passion for helping create “best-in-class” marketing programs that leverage data, insights and innovations within the industry.
- Strong analytic skills and proven ability to drive results in a competitive environment.
- Exceptional project management skills.
- Ability to work independently to accomplish business objectives.
- Collaborative approach – ability to build relationships and influence matrix resources.
- Proactive, energetic, and enthusiastic mindset.
- Data-driven decision-making.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills, with an ability to articulate meaning clearly.
- Positive change agent with a dedication to continuous improvement and willingness to own programs and take calculated risks.
- Competitive, “play to win” attitude.
- A willingness to accept and be held accountable for specific performance goals.
Candidate should be based in the US, preferably in the Eastern time zone.
Typical Working Conditions
Virtual work environment. About 30 – 40 hours per week. This is a freelance position.
$35 - $45 per hour commensurate to experience. This is a freelance position.
Interested candidates are invited to send credentials, proposals, and fee requirements to Mohib Ahmad.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Pay: $35.00 - $45.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
This is a remote freelance position. All interactions will be conducted using remote communications tools (email, Microsoft TEAMS, zoom, phone, etc.).
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Content management: 5 years (Required)
- Content creation: 5 years (Required)
- SEO tools: 5 years (Required)
- Collaborating with or working for a digital media agency: 3 years (Preferred)
- Fully Remote