Content Strategist/Writer - Contractor
The Content Strategist/Writer supports the strategies and tactics of the marketing communications team through writing and editing of marketing and sales collateral, blogs, and marketing communications such as email, website and social media content. Additionally, this position provides overall support for team projects including marketing campaigns, client projects, and product development.
Essential Job Functions:
- Developing a short range content strategy to support our go to market campaigns and the performance of the website
- Develops marketing communications content and materials such as blogs, client success stories and videos, company newsletter and news items, articles for placement in industry publications, fliers and brochures, press releases and emails.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of brand, campaign, and marketing objectives and devise strategies to achieve them.
- Writing go to market content including emails, landing pages and other sales materials
- Produce, present and oversee copy deliverables including presentation decks, sales documents, website content (product and editorial), social media posts, digital ads and more.
- Develop copy strategies and plans across channels aligned to key audiences.
- Present copy clearly and persuasively in internal and external settings.
- Apply copywriting best practices, trends, tools, and practices to the brand’s approach to content creation.
- Support the update of branding and writing style guides.
- Conduct keyword and subject matter research.
- Identify target audiences for campaigns.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or related field.
- 5+ years of writing experience in marketing and communications.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience in marketing, public relations, communications, and event planning.
- Demonstrated understanding, use, and adherence with AP Style Guidelines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Internet-based systems.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
At this time, we're not able to consider candidates needing sponsorship now or in the future or those needing work authorization for this role. (This includes students on F1-OPT, F1-CPT, J-1, etc.) However, we hope you continue to keep us in mind for future opportunities.
We value diversity, equity and inclusion. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We seek to infuse diversity and inclusion in everything we do while promoting a culture where differences are embraced as strengths; opportunities are equal and accessible; consideration and respect are the norm; and all team members are supported in reaching their full potential.
Through our talent, we believe that diversity and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.