Development Coordinator - REMOTE
If/When/How: Lawyering for Reproductive Justice transforms the law and policy landscape through advocacy, support, and organizing so all people have the power to determine if, when, and how to define, create, and sustain families with dignity and to actualize sexual and reproductive wellbeing on their own terms. We are the leading edge reproductive justice lawyering organization on the ground, representing people in crisis, reshaping law, and making just policy as we build a stronger, progressive base of legal stakeholders invested in these issues and networked to one another. We work through the modalities of organizing, training, policy advocacy, litigation, and support.
We seek a Development Coordinator who will provide administrative support for all development initiatives at If/When/How. The Development Coordinator will work collaboratively with the development team and across departments to identify, secure, and grow our individual donor base. The right person for the job is organized, meticulous about details, and comfortable with communicating in a friendly, professional manner with donors, funders, and other external stakeholders.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- No minimum educational requirement.
- 3-5 years administrative experience, with a minimum of 2 years of direct development office experience required, ideally in a nonprofit setting.
- Direct experience using a CRM such as Salesforce required.
- Familiarity with digital fundraising platforms such as Click & Pledge a plus.
- Enter, process and maintain all donations and pledges in Salesforce, including managing and updating donor data, ensuring data integrity through accurate data entry.
- Create and/or update donation receipts and acknowledgement letters in Click & Pledge and Salesforce to ensure appropriate acknowledgement is sent to donors in relation to campaigns.
- Monitor development email inbox.
- Manage the gift/pledge acknowledgement process and produce donor acknowledgement letters and notes in a timely fashion.
- Conduct regular review and maintenance of fundraising data and processes in Salesforce and other databases/payment platforms for donor record consistency, and to maintain data hygiene.
- Generate and produce Salesforce and other platform reports and queries on a monthly, annual, and as-needed basis.
- Provide support for all individual donor campaign efforts, including donor recognition, retention, and stewardship work.
- Test and troubleshoot donor management and gift processing systems on a monthly basis to ensure smooth operations, and work with the Development Director and other staff to resolve issues.
- Contact donors when additional information or clarification is needed, and update donor records to reflect donor interactions.
- Facilitate and coordinate a matching gift program, including but not limited to gathering employer/matching company information and reports, contacting companies when necessary, and resolving any issues arising from matches.
- Help coordinate and plan virtual and in-person donor events as the need arises, and when such events are reinstated after COVID-19.
- Participate in staff meetings, department meetings, trainings, and retreats.
- Willingness to participate in internal volunteer committees to help co-create a vibrant, equitable, and collegial work environment.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficient in Salesforce or similar CRM, including gift processing and report queries.
- Proficient in understanding and using digital fundraising platforms such as Click & Pledge.
- Understanding of individual donor fundraising preferred.
- Commitment to social justice and racial justice/anti-racist principles required.
- Familiarity with reproductive justice framework preferred.
- Eagerness to work with and learn from strong, intelligent, and passionate team members.
- Self-motivated with effective organization, time, and project management skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks and nimbly shift between projects as needs evolve.
- Collaborative team player with ability to give and receive constructive feedback.
- Excellent communications skills: writing, speaking and listening, with an emphasis on clear analytical writing ability.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Flexibility and adaptability to change and growth.
- Ability to troubleshoot systems and engage in creative problem solving.
- Ability to thrive in a remote workplace and willingness to build relationships remotely.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and G-Suite including Google Drive, Gmail, and Calendar.
- Familiarity with workplace apps including Slack and Google apps.
- Comfortable with on-the-job learning.
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS: Reports to the Development Director and works closely with other development staff. Partners with other teams as needed.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: If/When/How maintains a virtual office and supports remote working and flexible work days. Reimbursements for co-working spaces and home office equipment and supplies are available. Occasionally, employees may be expected to be available during off-hours and/or to attend events (e.g., conferences, staff retreats) on nights or weekends.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Most work will be done at a computer. Requires typing and participating in meetings (live and virtual). Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these and other essential functions.
TRAVEL: Travel is suspended until further notice due to COVID-19. Typically, some travel (once every few months) within the continental U.S. may be required. Additional travel will be required to support teamwork and attend staff retreats, conferences, and professional development opportunities.