STEM Curriculum Consultant
Founded in 2010, Hispanic Access Foundation (HAF) is a 501(c)(3) national nonprofit organization that connects Latinos with partners and opportunities to improve their lives and create an equitable society. Ultimately, we establish bridges of access that provide a path for the development and rise of Latino leaders and elevates their voices in areas where we are underrepresented. Our core values are trust, dedication, excellence, service to comunidad and versatility. While Washington, D.C. serves as our headquarters, employees work in a virtual environment.
Hispanic Access Foundation (HAF) is seeking an English/Spanish-speaking STEM curriculum developer familiar with the needs of K-6 Latino children in the United States. This project is contingent upon receiving grant funding, but HAF would like to select an individual for this project and write them into several grant proposals.
If a grant is awarded, the STEM curriculum developer would design 54 fun, interactive activities lasting approximately 45 minutes each on biological and health sciences. These activities would be offered monthly during the school year over a three-year period in an informal setting to Latino children attending Spanish-speaking churches with their parents.
- 27 activities would be designed for children approximately grades K-2.
- 27 activities would be designed for children approximately grades 3-6.
- Where possible, activities must also include a literacy and numeracy component. Activities should be designed to Common Core Standards.
- The curriculum developer would also work with a team of science interpreters to train them in how to offer the activities to young children.
- The curriculum developer should later be available, at an hourly rate, to revise the curriculum based upon input from project evaluators.
Project would be conducted remotely.