The recruitment assistant is responsible for Animal Care Centers of NYC’S most important asset – it’s people. You’ll play an integral role in developing a comprehensive recruitment strategy for the organization and be responsible for finding top talent to join Team ACC! With our new Queens Care Center scheduled to open in 2022, this is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in the future of ACC. This is an entry level position and an ideal opportunity for those looking to start a career in human resources.
- Assist in developing and implementing a comprehensive recruitment strategy for the organization in order to fill a high volume of requisitions with qualified candidates; create hiring strategies to attract diverse candidates to the organization
- Provide training and guidance to hiring managers on efficient interviewing techniques; assist in implementing a structured interview process in the organization that ensures consistency throughout
- Work with the hiring managers to develop job descriptions that accurately reflect the requirements of our positions and ensure that they are inclusive.
- Manage applicant tracking software and ensure required information is being entered into the system.
- Provide support with high volume resume sourcing for open positions
- Network with candidates through external website such as LinkedIn and AVMA as well as local communities, associations and colleges to develop a pipeline of talent
- Conduct initial interview for positions as needed and make recommendations to the hiring managers
- Follow up with hiring managers for interview feedback; upload and record feedback in ADP Workforce Now
- Represent ACC at career fairs throughout the five boroughs
- Act as a primary point of contact for candidates throughout the hiring process, ensuring all candidates have a positive experience; develop ways to continuously improve the experience for candidates
- Keep track of recruitment and hiring metrics and assess efficiency of current practices
General HR (20%)
- Assist with new hire onboarding and training as needed
- Develop and assist in the implementation of DEI initiatives for the organization
- Maintains knowledge of diversity-related issues, legislation, and best practices.
- Manage ACC’S Glassdoor, LinkedIn, Indeed profiles and other external websites
- Other duties as assigned
Ability to work independently with a high amount of personal accountability; great time management and attention to detail; is able to be discreet and confidential; is an expert communicator; is a people person with excellent interviewing skills; is flexible and adaptable; knowledge of labor laws
Education and Work Experience
Bachelor’s degree with a major in business, human resources or related field preferred or equivalent applied experience with a high school diploma or G.E.D. At least 6 months of previous internship or work experience in recruitment required. One year of experience preferred. Experience with DEI initiatives is preferred.
ACC has five locations across the 5 boroughs and a corporate headquarters in downtown Manhattan. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this position will be working remote indefinitely. This position is normally located in our headquarters and may include occasional visits to the animal shelters. The headquarters has an office cat and on occasion other animals. When visiting shelter locations, employee may be exposed to odors or airborne particles including animal fur and toxic chemicals, and high levels of noise.
Reports To: Senior Manager, Human Resources
Overtime: This position is eligible for overtime.
Animal Care Centers of New York City is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate because of race, color, creed, gender, religion, national origin, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, citizenship status, or sexual orientation. Accommodations will be provided to qualified individuals requiring them. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.