Senior Programs Specialist, Clean Electronic Production Network
Hours: Full-time (4-days, 32 hours/week)
Salary: $65,000 - $75,000
Benefits: medical, dental, disability, vacation, holidays, sick days
Supervisor: Senior Director, Clean Electronics Production Network
Green America is a non-profit organization dedicated to creating a just and sustainable society by harnessing economic power for positive change. Our unique approach involves working with consumers, investors and businesses to create a world that works for all. We deploy marketplace solutions to solve the most pressing social and environmental problems facing society today.
The Clean Electronic Production Network (CEPN) is a multi-stakeholder, cross-industry collaboration that launched in 2015. The goal of the network is to move the electronics industry towards zero exposure to toxic chemicals in the manufacturing process. CEPN is launching a commitment program with leading electronics companies to protect workers from chemical hazards in the electronics supply chain.
CEPN is an Innovation Network of the Center for Sustainability Solutions. The Center builds on Green America’s work over the years, where we have brought together industry groups across supply chains to create major shifts in areas such as electronics, solar, community investing, sustainable agriculture and fair labor. The Center supports Innovation Networks, focused working groups of stakeholders with the objective of making significant, industry-wide system change. Current networks focus on clean electronics, climate and banking, regenerative agriculture, carbon farming.
This is a new position on the CEPN team. Working closely with the Senior Director, the Senior Programs Specialist will lead the management and growth of the new commitment program, focusing on program execution and new participant outreach. The Senior Program Specialist will also support the Senior Director in providing strategic direction and program management for CEPN and its ongoing initiatives.
Post-pandemic, this position will involve travel for Network meetings, conferences and business cultivation meetings, staff training, and other purposes. Most travel will be domestic, but there may be two or three international trips each year.
CEPN staff members work virtually; the position may be housed in Washington, DC at the Green America offices, but may also be filled remotely.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the management and growth of the commitment program, focusing on new participant outreach and program execution including maintaining and refining program requirements, developing materials to effectively communicate the program, and oversee third party verification.
- Work closely with the Senior Director to manage the CEPN Network and its priority programs and initiative groups, including the safer substation program, worker engagement and participation and the process chemicals data collection tool.
- Lead and work collaboratively with the Senior Director to develop of key project deliverables, such as workplans, summary and meeting reports, spreadsheet and database development, invoicing/billing, membership tracking, fundraising materials and other outputs.
- Function in a leadership role within CEPN and maintain a strong working knowledge of trends in network areas of focus. Represent the organization with professionalism.
- Participate in the design and planning of CEPN meetings and events in collaboration with the CEPN team.
- Organize CEPN meetings and events that run smoothly and achieve desired outcomes, including meeting facilitation and support, managing logistical arrangements (e.g. securing meeting venues, hotels, meals, communicating with event participants procuring A/V), and preparing meeting reports.
Communication, Engagement and Fundraising
- Lead outreach to new CEPN members to build the Network, as well as new commitment program participants to expand and grow the program.
- Develop communication plans and materials to support outreach to current and potential Network members and commitment program participants, including preparation of a quarterly newsletter and other communications materials.
- Enhance CEPN’s and the commitment program’s online presence to include maintaining and improving both websites, moderating the LinkedIn groups, and regularly posting on social media channels.
- Contribute to growing and diversifying CEPN’s sources of funding by identifying potential new funders and helping to prepare grant applications and fundraising materials.
- Participate in donor stewardship to include tracking the completion of grant deliverables and preparing donor reports.
Participate in Cross-Departmental Teams
- Provide operational support to the Center for Sustainability Solutions, as needed.
- Ensure that knowledge gained is converted into “knowledge capital” for the Center for Sustainability Solutions by documenting work processes involved in managing Innovation Networks and successful strategies used in CEPN operations.
- Participate in Green America staff meetings and processes and other duties as required.
- Participate in Green America Cross Departmental Teams: The success of our organizational work includes the voluntary participation of staff members from all levels of the organization in cross-departmental teams addressing a range of issues to strengthen our impact and planning, as time and other work commitments allow.
Qualified Candidates should have the following skills and qualities:
- Demonstrated project management skills, with 10+ years of experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to develop trusting relationships with senior executives and high-level leaders.
- A team player and strategic thinker.
- Ability to understand and converse competently about complex supply chain issues with a broad range of stakeholders, and to provide useful frameworks for analysis and action on key supply chain issues.
- Negotiating experience and the ability to move groups both quickly and collaboratively on key priorities. Experience facilitating large and small group discussions.
- Strong written communication and research skills; able to synthesize and effectively communicate complex ideas and concepts; attentive to details.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Strong technology skills, including videoconferencing and website platforms (e.g. Squarespace), newsletter email software, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree required and advanced degree strongly preferred; example fields of study include sustainability, chemistry, toxicology, engineering, supply chain management or related field.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Experience in the electronics industry, industrial hygiene and/or worker engagement.
- Experience with sustainability assessment schemes, ecolabels and/or verification.
- Experience developing collaborative programs and systems.
- Experience with business development and fundraising.
To Apply: Email your resume and cover letter to.
Green America is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination regarding: actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions, breastfeeding, or reproductive health disorders), age (18 years of age or older), marital status (including domestic partnership and parenthood), personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, citizenship status, credit information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Harassment on the basis of a protected characteristic is included as a form of discrimination and is strictly prohibited.