REACH FOR UGANDA
REACH for Uganda (formerly the Arlington Academy of Hope) is a non-profit that partners with communities in rural eastern Uganda to improve the quality of their daily life and realize their future potential through improved education, healthcare, and community development.
The Operations Coordinator will support data entry, donation and sponsor processing, bookkeeping, and general office operations for the organization, with additional responsibilities designed to support growth of the organization. The Operations Coordinator will report directly to the Executive Director, and will play an instrumental role in creating a smoothly functioning office by working collaboratively with staff, volunteers, sponsors, and donors. This is a part time position (25-30 hours per week) and will work remotely.
- Maintaining records in the DonorPerfect database, including generating reports for transactions.
- Processing new and recurring gifts, including preparing batches and receipts; following up on payments; running financial reports; and coordinating with the bookkeeper.
- Managing the donation and sponsorship acknowledgment process.
- Managing database maintenance and clean-up projects to improve data integrity and database performance.
- Managing inquiries from donors regarding sponsorships and donations.
- Managing monthly sponsorship renewals to all primary, secondary, and tertiary/university sponsors.
- Serving as the primary point of contact on all sponsorship-related questions and issues.
- Maintaining organization files for all donation-related paperwork on the cloud-based drive.
- Assisting with bookkeeping in Quick Books.
- Answering the office phone, responding to voicemails, responding to email inquiries.
- Serving as the main U.S. point of contact for organized trips to Uganda, including preparing and sending invoices, collecting payments, sending and collecting required forms, and answering travel-related questions.
- Providing support for events. Attendance at events may require evening or weekend work.
- Providing office coverage for Executive Director as necessary when she is out of the office.
- Assisting with other administrative responsibilities as requested by the Executive Director.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Candidates must have at least 1 year of experience in a non-profit environment
- Experience working in a donor database, experience in DonorPerfect a plus
- Experience in Quick Books a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required
- Experience working in G-Suite
- Exceptional client and customer service
- Ability to manage a broad set of responsibilities and tasks
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment that requires strong multitasking skills, excellent time management, and a self-starter mentality
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and follow up, and able to work in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strategic thinker and results-oriented
- Ability to work under pressure, communicate effectively, and meet deadlines
- Has a passion for the mission of the organization