About CFA Society Philadelphia (CFAP)
CFAP was founded in 1943 to further the interchange of information and opinions among people in the investment community, to foster a high standard of ethics and to promote a clear public understanding of the functions of security analysis. We also encourage continuing education in financial analysis for practitioners. Our organization is a Charter Society of the CFA Institute and is the seventh largest Society in the U.S. with approximately 2,300 members.
CFAP seeks to raise awareness its profile in the Philadelphia area by enhancing its website content and its presence on social media. CFAP is offering a part-time Marketing Coordinator position for a professional with a strong background in graphic arts, web design, marketing, and/or communications. Ideally, the candidate would have some knowledge of finance, with knowledge of asset management a plus. The position will report to the Executive Director and receive guidance from the Marketing Committee Chairperson and other board members in executing his/her work in this area.
Additionally, the positions will require administrative support with office projects and peak CFAP events such as luncheons, mock exams, and conferences.
The position will be responsible for:
- Redesigning and refining the context of the existing CFAP website with guidance from the Executive Director and CFA Institute;
- Developing a plan to increase corporate sponsorship for CFAP events;
- Using CFA Institute resources to obtain training on CFAP web page software;
- Regularly interfacing with CFA institute Society Tech and Society Relations departments on projects;
- Updating web page, LinkedIn and Facebook to promote upcoming events accurately four or more weeks in advance;
- Sending regular invitation and emails to CFAP members;
- Modernizing look of CFAP communications and streamlining the process of publishing;
- Assisting the Executive Director with administrative tasks related to member events, e.g. luncheons, mock exams, conferences, etc.;
- Other marketing and communications duties as determined by the Executive Director.
- Significant experience using/administering social media platforms, especially LinkedIn and Facebook; ideally, some experience successfully building websites;
- Significant experience using basic publishing packages such as Wordpress, or similar software;
- Experience using Salesforce CRM or willingness to learn highly preferred;
- High attention to detail, able to update an validate website appearance in a timely manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Native or completely fluent speaker and writer of English.
- Exceptional ability to multi-task, stay organized and meets strict deadlines;
- Self-starter and highly motivated individual;
- Independent worker who does not require close supervision and who is comfortable in a small staff, team-oriented environment.
To perform the essential functions of the position, the candidate must be able to see, hear, speak, read, type, have manual dexterity in their hands, and be able to communicate efficiently and clearly with members and staff. Candidate must be able to travel to Philadelphia to attend and/or manage
events for CFAP.
Approximately twenty (20) hours per week (Monday-Friday). Position scheduled to begin April 1, 2021.
$25.00 per hour.
The first ninety days of employment will be a probationary period. At the conclusion of the ninety-day period, CFAP will conduct a performance review to rate the performance. If the review is favorable, CFAP will consider paying for a portion of, or the entire amount of health insurance coverage.
The position will complete work independently, but will be required to travel to Philadelphia for select meetings and events, approximately 3-5 times per month.