Senior Impact Consultant / Learning Manager
helps nonprofits, communities, philanthropy, public agencies, and social ventures to use data to accelerate positive change. We uniquely equip our clients with the data mindset, skill set, and tool set necessary to be more impactful in the important work they do. We engage in a variety of projects from training and technical assistance with cohorts of service providers, to one-on-one work with individual organizations, to direct evaluation services, all with the greater goal to improve program rigor, align measurement strategies to organizational/community needs, and increase capacity to use data for improvement.
The Senior Impact Consultant/Learning Manager role is instrumental in shaping and driving our work forward. Within this position you will lead a variety of direct consulting projects with nonprofits, communities, philanthropic and government agencies and play a supporting role in continuing to grow our impact footprint. You will also play an integral role in building and implementing our training model. On a daily basis you will find yourself engaging in a variety of efforts from designing learning experiences, developing toolkits to elevate leading cohorts of learners through our design-measure-act process, building and supporting an online community of practice, or bringing your experience and perspective into our training and thought leadership initiatives.
Training Design & Management
You will help to design and manage our ResultsLab Design-Measure-Act (DMA) training program. Bringing a strong design orientation, you will help create and continuously improve the overall learner experience, ensuring it is elevating equity and it is serving our learners. You will bring forward principles of instructional design, adult learning theory and foundations of a strong impact practice to develop and deliver an engaging and compelling learning experience for our participants.
- Develop evaluation and learning toolkit to be used for the training model and other key consulting projects
- Run learning cohorts of social sector/education-focused practitioners, aimed to integrate the design-measure-act cycle within organizational practice
- Support the overall design and structure the Design-Measure-Act Learning Experience
- Drive ongoing prototyping and testing of the learning experience
- Design and launch Design-Measure-Act bootcamps, learning deep dives, and other courses
- Train and coach a variety of social sector roles (leadership, program leadership, evaluation, consultants) on data use cycles to improve program and organizational performance
- Elevate principles of adult learning to inform a highly engaging and impactful virtual learning experience
- Identify new, best-in-class learning resources that meet the needs of targeted social sector learners
- Guide the development and management of ongoing membership experience
- Steward external and internal partners to support learning deep dives and thought leadership opportunities
- Support the activation of technology to strengthen the learning and application of the Design-Measure-Act process
- Lead ongoing needs assessment, analyzing relevant data for trends, working with participants and alum and leaders within ResultsLab to incorporate improvements to strengthen training and coaching
- Design, develop, coordinate and facilitate training materials to meet objectives using a variety of delivery systems including traditional and nontraditional methods and multi-media.
- Perform regular quality audits to determine effectiveness of trainers, training material, methods of training and identify other potential areas of need.
- Provide support and assistance to consulting team members to ensure alignment of content, efficient use of training resources and systems and facilitate sharing of best practices across the organization.
- Support recruitment of DMA participants, including a strong focus on diversity of participants.
You will design and execute evaluation strategies that answer client, partner, and practitioners’ key learning questions, leading and/or supporting a team across all aspects of evaluation design, data collection, analysis, communication, and use process. As you engage in the evaluation process, you will look to continuously elevate equity and data use as your north stars.
- Work with clients, research partners, and education practitioners to set evaluation goals and clear and compelling evaluation/learning questions
- Design evaluations, ensuring appropriate methodology that aligns with goals and context of the study and study participants
- Oversee data management and data analysis to ensure overall data integrity and to identify insights from the data, maintaining a strong focus on equity throughout the process
- Develop clear and compelling data communication products that fit the needs of the intended audience, ranging from full reports to short summaries, to visual presentations, to infographics, and beyond.
- Facilitate data use processes to bring the data to life and lead the client, partner or practitioner (or other intended audience) to identify actions to take based on the data
Growing Our Footprint
We are continually looking for opportunities to strengthen our internal practices and to grow and scale the impact of our work across the social sector. You will be critical to making this happen as you:
- Strategize with the ResultsLab team on new product lines and services
- Evaluate projects and initiatives and set plans for improvement
- Lead efforts that strengthen organizational practices/processes, including a priority focus on Diversity/Equity/Inclusion
- Provide thought leadership through blogs, conferences, short trainings, and other vehicles to reach current and future clients
- Support proposal development for new work, creating proposal, workplans, scopes and budgets
- Utilize current networks to engage future clients, actively monitoring and creating new business opportunities
- Master’s Degree in Social Science, Business, Education or comparable discipline; combination of relevant education and experience considered in lieu of degree
- At least 8 years experience in training and technical assistance, evaluation and/or performance management, including:
- At least 3 years experience serving as a project lead on evaluations or evaluation capacity building efforts
- 3 years of professional experience in teaching, training and adult education
- 2 years of experience in the creation and production of curriculum and training materials
Mindset and Skillset
- Proven ability in the development and implementation of effective training and coaching solutions, including synchronous and asynchronous, in person and virtual, covering core impact management topics: program design, performance measurement, and data use
- Ability to demonstrate engaging and impactful instructional and facilitation skills
- Advanced knowledge in evaluation methods, including process, outcome, and developmental evaluations
- Motivation to integrate and amplify a strong equity lens within all aspects of the work, including evaluation and training
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to translate complex topics into easier to understand language
- Ability to compile data in a clear, concisely written and/or visual format
- Strategic thinker with the proven ability to identify opportunities, formulate solutions, and gain support from stakeholders
- Ability to be flexible to shifting contexts and realities
- Competent in interpersonal communications, collaboration, critical-thinking and problem solving
- Strong oral, written and presentation communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple, concurrent projects and priorities
- Exposure to learning management systems and experience leading professional learning groups
- Experience as an educator (teacher, administrator), in education research/evaluation, or education policy/programming
- Consulting experience
- Spanish Language Proficiency