Event Assistant and Administrative Support
The Python Software Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation that holds the intellectual property rights behind the Python programming language. Theof the Python Software Foundation is to promote, protect, and advance the Python programming language, and to support and facilitate the growth of a and international community of Python programmers.
The annual PyCon US conference is produced and underwritten by the PSF and is the largest annual gathering for the community that uses and develops the open-sourceprogramming language. PyCon US is also the largest fundraiser for the PSF so the success of the conference is vital to the success of the PSF. As PyCon US programs continue to evolve, the PSF is in need of additional staff to help manage the event.
The peak of PyCon US responsibilities is somewhat seasonal therefore the PSF is looking for someone that can assist with administrative tasks during non-peak PyCon times.
- Work closely with Director of Events
- Understand all vendor relationships and communicate needs and changes to vendors
- Advise staff on logistical suggestions and assist with streamlining procedures
- Understand registration and housing process and assist with related attendee questions
- Manage sponsorship logistics and work closely with Director of Resource Development
- Work onsite once a year (up to 2 weeks on location), possibly perform a site visit once every two years.
- Assist with event logistics with convention center and hotels (floor plans, electrical needs, wifi)
- Assist with certain vendor negotiations and reviews
- Assist with social media by scheduling via Sprout Social and helping monitor Twitter accounts
- Assist with food and beverage planning and BEO reviews
- Assist with printed material, if any
- Assist with post-event wrap up
- Manage mailing lists
- Manage board meeting scheduling, minutes, keep track of open discussions
- Assist with membership review and logging contributor agreements
- Assist with new membership (basic, supporting, contributing, managing, fellow)
- Send notifications for community service awards and approved grants
- Assist with data input/maintenance
- Strong project management ability and past experience with project management tools, like Asana and Trello
- 2 to 3 years of experience with professionally managing events
- Ability to work independently while being able to be a good team member
- Ability to delegate properly and be able to prioritize responsibilities
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong computer proficiency skills and ability to learn new programs
- Ability to maintain a professional manner under pressure
- Attention to detail is a must
- Awareness of the open source community
- Past experience with working for a nonprofit
- Experience with CiviCRM, or comparable donor management database
- Remote work experience
This position will be a full-time employee with the Python Software Foundation that will focus on supporting PyCon US and also PSF administrative tasks. Compensation will include salary as well as health, dental, and vision insurance for USA applicants. Applicants within the US are preferred. The ability to travel to the US for PyCon US and site visits is a requirement for this position. The PSF is a fully remote and distributed team and welcomes applications from any location in the US. This position will report to the Director of Events.
Salary range: $55,000-70,000 plus potential annual bonus
The call for resumes will be open until June 30, 2021. To apply please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, attach your resume as a PDF.
The PSF also supports other Python conferences/workshops around the world, and funds Python related development with our grants program. To see more info about the PSF, check out ourand . Please also see , , and the .
We believe that the future of open source must include everyone. We welcome all job-seekers regardless of race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, veteran or disability status. Python is a global community and the PSF aims to support a safe environment for all. More information can be found on ourpage.