Field Security Engineer
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Businesses from startups to Fortune 100 companies have built their businesses on Twilio’s platform. Twilio is committed to being the most trusted cloud communications platform to enable our customers’ success. We are looking for a Field Security Engineer to work with our enterprise customers during their customer journey with Twilio.
Twilio Security is looking for a Field Security Engineer who livesand has a desire to delight customers through a consultative approach to securing their Twilio implementations. This person should have excellent communications skills and the ability to write plainly and clearly, especially when communicating about technical concepts. They may also have:
- 1-2 years experience in a technical security role.
- Some customer-facing experience in consulting, customer service, or sales.
- Broad knowledge of technology concepts like networking, APIs, encryption, authentication, microservices architecture, and cloud computing.
- Exposure to security compliance frameworks like ISO27001, SOC2, HITRUST, and FedRAMP.
- An understanding of security regulations like HIPAA, FISMA, and SOX.
As a Field Security Engineer at Twilio, you will be a member of a small team that is working closely with our most important customers to understand how they use Twilio and guide them through complex implementation details related to securing the applications they build on our platforms. You will be instrumental in the pre-sales process with our large enterprise customers while living these Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: You can communicate technical concepts clearly to non-technical audiences. You know that less is more when it comes to words on a slide, and you like demonstrating truth through data in charts and graphs.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMERS’ SHOES: You will need to understand the challenges our customers face and help them work through options in tough situations. You’ll advocate for their needs with product managers and engineers to drive good security outcomes on their behalf.
- DRAW THE OWL: This function is new and there’s no manual for how it should work. You’ll need to think on your feet and come up with small experiments to determine how to solve ambiguous challenges.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: There is always more work than can be done in a day, so you’ll need to make choices. Understanding how to evaluate which projects to spend your time on and which ones to push off will be critical for success.
- NO SHENANIGANS: You need to earn and maintain our customers’ trust. You can do that best by being transparent, honest, and up front about what we can and can’t do, not making promises we can’t keep.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado.
Denver/Boulder Metro Salary Range: $102,096 - $124,784
Rest of Colorado Salary Range: $79,408 - $109,186
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks