Customer Success Manager
Shogun is on a mission to help brands create the best ecommerce experiences in the world, and in the process, become the world’s best remote company.
We’ve been growing rapidly since being in the Winter 2018 batch of Y Combinator, and after recently closing our Series B funding round, are now in hyper-growth. Our teams are diverse, fully distributed, and with no offices – we are looking for team members who are comfortable with and motivated by the opportunity to work remotely.
For this position, we are looking for candidates located in Canada, Ireland, and the United Kingdom.
What You’ll Do
As a Customer Success Manager, you will work closely with our clients to help them achieve their business goals. Working with your teammates, you will engage with customers at different points in their lifecycle to assist with activation, adoption, renewal, and expansion. You will be a product and customer specialist, demonstrating an understanding of customer use case and journey, allowing you to provide recommended paths forward for the client. You will understand potential obstacles and opportunities for clients and partner with different teams to deliver guidance during various customer milestones and to identify opportunities for engagement.
In this role, you will interact with different client profiles and work closely with internal Shogun teams, providing insights from your interactions to amplify the customer’s voice and help inform product development, content development, enablement needs, and program development. Your experience will help deliver thoughtful and impactful customer experiences and inform programmatic customer engagement approaches that can be delivered at scale.
What You’ll Bring
Need to have
- 3+ years in customer success, account management, or customer relationship management type role with a preference for prior SaaS or ecommerce experience
- Strong customer focused approach and desire to learn technical elements, in order to best understand customer user cases and conduct success planning, recommendations and mitigation paths when a client faces obstacles
- Time and work management skills to prioritize customer engagements and to identify growth opportunities
- Ability to build collaborative relationships internally across sales, product, support, and marketing in order to enhance the customer experience
Nice to have
- Ability to uplevel and communicate customer findings to the broader internal teams in order to influence development
- Experience with a diverse book of business and with a growing CSM program
- The ability to be a self-starter and to identify opportunities and offer solutions
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Benefits (vary by location)
- A highly skilled and dedicated team that is fun to work with
- Remote work – We are a diverse and distributed team that uses Slack, Zoom, Notion and other tools to stay connected
- Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what’s right over what’s easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other
- People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent
- Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually, and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class.
We are hiring in the Canada, Ireland, and the United Kingdom, and are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in these regions without employment visa sponsorship. Please refer to the position specific location requirements listed under the location section of the job description.