About Kid Play International ()
Kids Play International (KPI), a nonprofit founded by 3x Olympian Tracy Evans, builds equitable communities that empower girls and develop supportive boys through addressing harmful gender, social and cultural stereotypes. Since 2010, KPI has provided successful year-round gender equity programs combining less familiar sport and our five Play Fair skills in the harshest, most imbalanced environment: post-genocide Rwanda and Cambodia. Sport has the powerful ability to reduce oppressive restrictions in society, and provides a unique environment where harmful gender norms can be renegotiated. Our programs support grassroots youth activism through community-based programs in order to break the intergenerational cycle of systemic gender discrimination, inequality and violence
Kids Play International is seeking an experienced development professional to join a small, dynamic team in the full-time, senior-level role of Director of Development. Reporting to and in partnership with the President and Executive Director (ED), the Director of Development will lead all aspects of the Foundation’s fundraising and cultivation efforts. Kids Play International is in a period of both evolution and growth, and we are seeking a strategic leader who can help access the resources that enable the Foundation to reach a new level of impact, with a heavy focus on major gift, individual giving and donor cultivation. The Director of Development will provide intellectual support and leadership for all development efforts and activities, including: annual giving campaigns, annual/special events, volunteer trip marketing, capital campaign, and high-level management of the Foundation’s donor database and tracking / communication systems. This position is based in Park City, UT, though would consider remote person for this position as well.
This provides an opportunity for an outgoing, enthusiastic individual with great people skills, great networking experience with funding organizations and a demonstrated track-record of highly successful non-profit fundraising to help make Kids Play International a sustainable organization that continues to promote gender equity through sport in genocide affected countries of Rwanda and Cambodia.
Major Gifts and Individual Donor Cultivation
- Work closely with the Executive Director and Fundraising & Development Committee on donor solicitation, prospecting, cultivation and stewardship of major gifts and individual donors with implementation of the accompanying individual giving strategy, with an eye towards ambitious growth of our donor circle, recurring donors, major gift giving.
- Coordinate and oversee donor cultivation efforts, including special events; manage donor benefits, including identifying opportunities within the Foundation’s existing slate of activities.
- Oversee the logistics of year-round virtual, online and in person events (annual and special)
- Help organize and fill volunteer trips with donors/supporters/athletes
- Maintain the Foundation’s grant calendar and ensure all deadlines are communicated and met
- Identify and cultivate new foundations, corporations and avenues of diversified funding streams and support.
- Manage individual appeals and end-of-year mailings
- Ensure external materials (web, print) are up-to-date and funder-friendly
Development & Organizational Planning
- Help develop and implement the next phases of our fundraising plan, as part of the Foundation’s forthcoming strategic plan
- Contribute to the development and execution of strategies around capital campaigns, in collaboration with the Executive Director and Board leadership.
Board of Directors and Committees
- Support the planning of, attend, and document meetings with the Board of Directors and Board Committee meetings, when appropriate; maintain up-to-date information on Board Members (contact info, professional activities)
- Staff the Fundraising & Development Committee to ensure Board participation in relevant fundraising efforts; staff the Board Development Committee, with a focus on recruiting new Board members who can effectively support fundraising efforts
- Manage the Kindful Donor database for coding, tracking, tagging, and list-pulling for all development activities and responsible for data entry and gift processing.
We are looking for applicants with at least 5-plus years of managing development activities, preferably within sport for development or similar organization, and a proven track record that blends major institutional fundraising with the capacity to grow an organization’s individual giving base. Candidates should possess: excellent verbal and written communication skills; exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to handle multiple, simultaneous tasks and work under deadlines; comfort interfacing with new and potential donors; and enthusiasm about working and collaborating with a small, passionate team. Applicants should be proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, and database programs (preferably Kindful). A passion for international gender equality work is a must. Some evening and weekend work, as well as some travel, is required.
This is a full-time Consulting position
Compensation is commensurate with experience.