Senior Director of Evaluation
About the opportunity
Springboard Collaborative invites talented and passionate candidates to apply for the position of Senior Director of Evaluation. The Senior Director of Evaluation will be a central player in articulating Springboard's continued path toward programmatic impact from a research and data-driven perspective. As part of the Impact Strategy Team (IST), The Senior Director will play a leadership role in creating the research agenda to measure and accelerate our impact, and manage a team of 3 staff members to execute the needed analysis through a lens of equity. A successful candidate will be strategic, analytical, persistent, and team-oriented.
The Senior Director of Evaluation will report to the Vice President of Impact Strategy This is a great opportunity to support an entrepreneurial team in maximizing the impact of a rapidly growing organization.
Children typically spend 75% of their waking hours outside of the classroom, yet our education system does shockingly little to capture instructional value from that time. Parents’ love for their children is the single greatest—and most underutilized—natural resource in education.
Springboard Collaborative has cracked the code on activating and equipping low-income parents to teach at home. Since launching 8 years ago, we have grown Springboard’s reach from 40 to nearly 15,000 students across 22 cities and 700+ schools. Amidst rapid growth, Springboard consistently delivers best-in-class results. Students average aduring each 5 or 10-week cycle, closing the gap to grade-level performance by more than half. Weekly family workshops average 91% attendance. Springboard's work has recently been featured by , , and the .
Diversity is more than a commitment at Springboard Collaborative—it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.
We believe that these diverse communities must be centered in our work. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.
Who we’re looking for:
- Strategic and team-oriented leader with a proven commitment to racial equity, especially as it relates to program evaluation and data analysis. This position requires experience and skill in setting evaluation strategy and managing a team to execute on that strategy.
- Data-driven manager who uses data and primary source information to guide your leadership, management, and decisions; someone who seeks out authentic work samples rather than relying on anecdotal evidence, ensures the set up and use of processes and structures that result in data accuracy, and uses relevant details to inform an understanding of the big picture.
- Strong communicator and researcher who writes and speaks about complex analysis clearly, considering their audience; a strong candidate will manage their team to communicate data visually, and in ways that make analytical or technical information clear to those without a data analysis background
- Creative problem solver who can apply insights from data back into program and product development, serving as a model to their team for how to stay simultaneously focused on achieving impact now and deeply inquisitive about what improvements and changes will drive greater impact next week, next season, next year, and in five years.
Departmental and team leadership
- Set vision and goals for the Impact Strategy Team in collaboration with VP, IST, informed by organizational strategy
- Set and lead the organization’s evaluation strategy; communicate that strategy such that each member of the data and analytics team understand and support the strategy
- Prepare relevant updates to key partners, including board members, Springboard internal teams, and funders; serve as an IST ambassador at meetings and events
- Model behavior; establish and nurture team norms and culture that align with organizational values
- Inform upward and across; ensure other teams in the department and across the organization are informed of evaluation and data analysis progress and challenges
- Build and manage an exceptional data and analytics team; directly supervise 3 team members
- Support team decision-making, delegation, quality management, information flow and problem-solving
- Focus the team on key priorities/projects; ensure planning and milestones are on track
- Deliver frequent feedback to team members regarding their work, including debriefs, bi-monthly feedback sessions and two formal performance reviews
- Develop and improve processes for smooth coordination of work within and across departments
- Plan and facilitate weekly Data and Analytics Team meetings, weekly one-on-ones with direct reports, and daily team check-ins
Impact modeling, program evaluation, and analysis data analysis
- Lead national impact reporting across Springboard’s offerings; oversee session and city impact reporting to ensure data accuracy
- Mange team to execute data analysis and reporting projects, which serve to advise on program improvements, impact model tests, and program design changes
- Oversee the design and implementation of evaluation and assessment tools and related data collection processes
- Manage partnerships, as needed, on external evaluation and longitudinal studies
- Work collaboratively with the CEO and Development and Marketing teams to proactively to curate external-facing resources that showcase Springboard’s impact
- Advise on evaluation implications for Springboard’s methods of determining and using GLE (grade level expectations) in programming and reporting
- Define and follow with fidelity a process for internal and external national, high-stakes data requests
While this description is meant to provide an overview of the responsibilities of Senior Director of Evaluation, we are seeking candidates who demonstrate flexibility and can adapt to evolving needs in an entrepreneurial environment.
Required skills, qualifications, and characteristics:
- Advanced degree in data analytics, quantitative methods, education policy and management, or similar fields
- At least 5 years of work experience and at least 2 years’ experience managing a team
- Experience with analyzing data in education and/or social sciences
- A passion for qualitative and quantitative data and research ethics
- Experience with statistical analysis
- Proficiency in basic computer applications (Word, Excel, Google Suite) and ability to learn new systems
Desired skills, qualifications, and characteristics:
- Familiarity with education, early elementary, or and/or reading assessment instruments
- Familiarity with analysis of reading assessment data
- Experience analyzing and reporting program data for a non-profit organization
- Experience working with SQL and Salesforce data
This is a full-time, exempt position offering benefits and a salary within the range of $115-125K commensurate with Springboard Collaborative's Senior. Director-level compensation band.
This position is remote, and will manage a geographically dispersed team. Candidates proximate to a Springboard office location can choose to work from a local office. Springboard Collaborative’s headquarters is in Philadelphia, PA.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all Springboard Collaborative offices are closed for the time being.
Click this link to apply. https://form.asana.com?k=jfE-4o5MZrTT5-znkva-pQ&d=114916707241133
*Please note the application form will require you to submit a cover letter and resume.