Manager of Fellow Recruiting
FUSE is looking for a skilled recruiting professional to apply strong search acumen to work that will have a unique and lasting impact on the communities served by FUSE. This is a high impact opportunity to help contribute to an innovative, efficient, and results-oriented system for managing multiple concurrent executive searches.
Location: FUSE Corps is currently a fully virtual organization and this position can be based remotely from anywhere in the United States.
Time: This is an 18 month position beginning immediately with the possibility for extension based on organizational needs.
About FUSE Corps
FUSE Corps is a national nonprofit that partners with local government to more effectively address the most pressing challenges facing urban communities. Our approach is based on an executive fellowship program that provides local government with the experienced leadership needed to accelerate institutional change and reduce racial disparities in their communities. We work with cities and counties to address their priorities in areas such as jobs, housing, healthcare, education, and justice reform. FUSE has managed over 200 projects across 35 cities in 15 states, impacting the lives of more than 25 million people.
FUSE is in the process of significantly increasing our work across the country in order to advance a more equitable recovery from the current pandemic and its economic fallout. Several philanthropic institutions have ramped up their support to drive this expansion to new cities particularly throughout the South and Midwest. We have also launched a major new partnership with a globally-recognized celebrity who is committed to advocating for policy change and public awareness around the most powerful solutions emerging from US cities. These partnerships will amplify FUSE’s ability to influence and inspire the approaches that civic leaders across the country are employing in response to both long-established inequities and rapidly emerging challenges.
The position of Recruiting Manager is a high-impact opportunity for a skilled recruiting professional to apply strong search acumen to work that will have a unique and lasting impact on the communities served by FUSE. Reporting to the Vice President of Fellow Recruitment, you will help contribute to an innovative, efficient, and results-oriented system for managing multiple concurrent executive searches. This successful recruitment function will produce multiple cohorts of FUSE Fellows each year. The searches to find these candidates will vary dramatically as you work to identify those candidates with unique skill sets well suited to address each cities’ most pressing challenges.
As the Recruiting Manager, you will manage a high volume of simultaneous, full-life cycle recruitment projects which will place fellows with FUSE city and county partners throughout the country. Acting as the dedicated point of contact for these searches, you will execute the FUSE recruitment process in the interest of ensuring excellent candidate experience and client satisfaction. The FUSE recruitment process requires you to skillfully manage expectations and provide consistent and effective communication to all stakeholders in the search, including: candidates, internal team members and FUSE partners as appropriate. Your specific responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Review documentation and information available for each fellowship project to gain understanding of the project requirements; seek out additional insights and/or research projects as needed to inform your recruiting plan.
- Design and execute sourcing plan for each project to produce a diverse pool of candidates well-qualified to fulfill the requirements of each role.
- Contribute, on an ongoing basis, to improved recruitment marketing strategy including the social media recruiting plan, the referral program and the optimization of recruitment marketing materials.
- Support a robust candidate pipeline by initiating and maintaining relationships with all applicants who represent the experience, core competencies and motivations of a FUSE fellow, even if those candidates are not selected for the current cohort.
- Manage and participate in the candidate selection process, including application reviews, phone interviews and video interviews, reference checks, finalist interview days, and notifications of selection status.
- Manage and record all steps of the recruitment process, all communications with candidates and each instance of candidate management in the Applicant Tracking System, notifying additional team members as appropriate.
- Analyze recruiting reports daily and weekly to ensure on-time progression of your projects, adjust priorities and work plan accordingly. Elevate critical concerns regarding pipeline and project progress to the Vice President of Fellow Recruitment as needed.
- Contribute to other FUSE activities and programming as needed.
- Passion for FUSE’s mission and demonstrated commitment to advancing racial equity in urban communities.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in recruiting and/or talent acquisition, with a track record of success in all stages of full life-cycle recruitment and overall search process management.
- Demonstrated ability to manage searches comparable to the requirements of this role in reference to the number and level of position, while maintaining commitment to excellence in recruitment and alignment with organizational values and vision.
- Superior level of experience using LinkedIn and other job search services like job boards and alumni career services.
- Comfort working with data and identifying insights and trends to help drive the recruitment process. Ability to leverage the reporting and analytical capabilities of one or more Applicant Tracking Systems, and/or Customer Relations Management platforms. Experience with Crelate and Salesforce is a plus.
- Outstanding organizational and project management skills, bolstered by a strong attention to detail and ability to follow up and follow through to meet aggressive deadlines. Ability to plan, manage, and track projects and to communicate about them with multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrated competency in identifying opportunities for process improvement, specifically in reference to improving efficiency without sacrificing quality.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to clearly convey complex topics to your audience through both verbal and written communication.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence, and ability to develop deep relationships with a diverse array of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work on a small team and within a resource-constrained environment, always maintaining a focus on the organization’s needs and strategic priorities. Ready and willing to shift gears as needed to reach objectives and to do so as a part of a highly collaborative team.
Please submit your application and cover letter via the following link: https://www.fusecorps.org/job/manager-of-fellow-recruiting/
FUSE Corps is an equal opportunity employer with a core value of incorporating diverse perspectives into our work at every level. We strongly encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply for this position.