Vice President, Marketing
About Leadership for Educational Equity
Leadership for Educational Equity (LEE) is a nonprofit leadership development organization inspiring and supporting a network of civic leaders to eradicate the injustice of educational inequity.
Through one-on-one coaching, fellowships, workshops, and resources, LEE works to develop and inspire its members individually and collectively, across all disciplines – as policy makers, advocates, elected leaders and community organizers. LEE membership is free and currently open to alumni of several partner organizations including Teach For America, the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute (CHCI), New Leaders, Latinos for Education, Urban Teachers, and Public Allies. LEE believes that when a diverse group of leaders, grounded in a commitment to equity, are in leadership roles, they will serve as a transformative force for and with students and communities.
LEE is a diverse team of passionate and talented individuals committed to making a difference. We are a high-growth, results-oriented organization that operates in an entrepreneurial environment deeply invested in continuous improvement. LEE is honored to have been selected as a LATINA Style 50 Award recipient and a When Work Works award recipient. We are also an Employer of National Service. If you would like to become part of our team and join the fight for educational equity, or if you would simply like to learn more, please visit.
The Vice President of Marketing will set and execute strategy that influences LEE member prospects and current LEE members to access LEE’s tools and resources. This position is responsible for impacting the end-to-end LEE member experience: driving LEE member signups; inspiring LEE members to engage in programming, tools, and other resources; and contributing to LEE member brand awareness and affinity.
This position is on the Supporter Relations, Marketing, and Communications (SRMC) team and reports to the Senior Vice President of Supporter Relations, Marketing, and Communications. The SRMC team builds true believers in LEE to grow our resources and network; empowers members to take action across their leadership journey; and shares LEE’s insights, impact stories, and community to build the awareness and demand for civic leadership. To get to the next stage of our growth, we are going to need strong, values-aligned, marketing execution, and we're looking for an individual who is excited to take on the challenge.
Position Location: Flexible location
Travel Requirements: 30%. All travel is currently pending due to COVID-19.
Marketing Vision and Strategy Setting (50%)
- Develop/refine marketing vision and strategy based on deep understanding of LEE members’ motivations
- Build and execute marketing strategies (with particular focus on digital marketing) that support members in their end-to-end experience with LEE, from knowing nothing about LEE to reaching high levels of engagement, leadership, and impact
- Set the vision and direction for integration of digital marketing tools into LEE’s work
- Develop and continually strengthen tools to guide the Marketing team’s work, such as customer journey mapping, project planning frameworks, and reporting dashboards
- Collaborate with LEE’s member facing and programmatic teams to enable/grow member engagement
- Ensure that the entire org understands the vision and direction of LEE’s positioning, messaging, and marketing strategy; regularly communicate and reinforce that strategy across teams
Team Management (25%)
- Lead the Marketing team of 6-10 with an outcomes orientation
- Manage and coach Marketing team members to goals, outcomes, and growth opportunities
- Embed cross-departmental collaboration into the culture of the Marketing team with special attention to partnership with the Technology team
- Continually strengthen the Marketing team’s internal processes for strategic planning, communication, implementation, and analysis
- Manage the Marketing budget with strong financial stewardship
Data Analysis and Progress Monitoring (15%)
- Set data-informed goals for the team and members and manage to them
- Build key performance indicators and report on progress to understand Marketing’s impact towards our org-wide goals
- Share progress of marketing efforts with national programmatic, regional, and relevant infrastructure teams
- Design and implement processes for gathering, analyzing, and leveraging member research including feedback loops with product development and member-facing teams
LEE Leadership Team Contributions (10%)
- Serve as a key organizational leader who participates in setting org-wide vision and direction as part of the Leadership Team
- Be a leading voice to represent the needs and perspectives of members in org- and team-level planning and product/experience development
- Bachelor’s Degree or Commensurate work experience
- 10+ years relevant professional experience in marketing, digital communications, branding, or similar
- Demonstrated success as a data-driven digital marketing leader possessing vision, imagination, and deep empathy
- Demonstrated experience working with leaders across other departments to launch cross-functional initiatives
- Demonstrated experience building, developing, and managing a high performing team
- Deep passion for educational equity and belief in LEE’s mission and theory of change including enthusiasm and energy for serving LEE members
- Excellent personal organization, project management, and problem-solving skills
- Strong, demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity & inclusion
- Experience managing change and inspiring others to help shift culture, accelerate results, and keep employees motivated and engaged during the process
- Proven success working within a highly matrixed and/or geographically dispersed organization, establishing strong relationships across all functions
- Demonstrated success influencing key decision-makers to challenge conventional practices and instill an innovation mindset into decision-making processes
- Experience in product strategy or in collaborating with product teams to develop and implement product launch strategies
- Experience in digital marketing campaign building
- Familiarity with digital marketing campaign building and/or membership association marketing and engagement
Benefits and Pay
Pay for this position is competitive and based upon relevant experience and cost of labor for your location. Please use the following link to learn more about compensation for this position:. In addition, LEE offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental and vision coverage for spouses, families and domestic partners; employer-paid basic life and AD&D insurance and short and long-term disability insurance; a retirement package with employer match; family and parental leave benefits; generous paid time off and an organization-wide winter break between Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
An Equal-Opportunity Employer with a Commitment to Diversity
Leadership for Educational Equity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and as an organization committed to diversity and the perspective of all voices, we consider applicants equally of race, gender, color, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, disability, political affiliation and national origin. We reasonably accommodate staff members and/or applicants with disabilities, provided they are otherwise able to perform the essential functions of the job.
An affirmative action-equal opportunity employer.
The statements in this description represent typical elements, criteria, and general work performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the job.