Professional Development Designer (hourly contract position)
Position: Professional Development Designer (hourly contract position)
PowerMyLearning is a nonprofit that advances educational equity and accelerates student success. Our programs promote culturally relevant teaching practices, foster social-emotional learning, and help students reach rigorous learning standards. We offer school- and district-level packages that include professional development for teachers and capacity-building workshops for families. We also offer an award-winning innovation, Family Playlists. What sets us apart from other organizations is our focus on activating the power of collaboration between students, teachers, and families. Now more than ever, our collective efforts to accelerate learning recovery must address the needs of the whole child and include families so we can reverse the systematic denial of educational opportunity based on race, class, language, and learning differences.
The Professional Development Designer is an hourly contractor role that serves as part of PowerMyLearning's Professional Learning Team and reports to the Senior Manager, Program Development (SMPD). The Professional Development Designer works collaboratively with the SMPD and others to develop educator workshops focused on Culturally Responsive Teaching (CRT) and Social-Emotional Learning (SEL). This position will require up to 20 hours per week in June and July.
- Develop high-quality professional development workshop materials based on learnings from research and thought leaders in the areas of CRT and SEL including PowerPoint deck, digital handouts, and facilitation guides
- Create engaging, interactive experiences for teachers in remote and in-person settings
- Curate and design actionable classroom activities and resources to provide to participating teachers
- Passion for PowerMyLearning's mission and values
- 2+ years of k-12 teaching experience
- Experience developing and leading teacher professional development
- Experience working with diverse communities of students and families
- Knowledge of Culturally Responsive Teaching and Social-Emotional Learning principles and practices
- Knowledge of and experience with adult learners
- Proven organizational and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Facility with MS Office and Google Suite
- Comfort using interactive edtech tools (e.g. Kahoot, Flipgrid, etc.)
- 5+ years of k-12 teaching experience
- Experience in a dedicated coaching or professional development role
- Experience in a dedicated diversity, equity, and inclusion role
COMPENSATION AND LOGISTICS
- Compensation to be earned hourly, at a competitive rate commensurate with experience. This rate is applied to time spent in meetings with the development team and working independently. We expect billed time up to 20 hours per week during June and July.
- Initial training time is compensated at a flat meeting rate per session
Qualified candidates can apply by visiting https://powermylearning.applicantpro.com/jobs/. You will need to submit a resume and a sample of professional development materials you designed.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
PowerMyLearning is committed to building a diverse team and strongly encourages applications from people of color.