Lead a team to architect and design Software as a Service (SaaS) and cloud-based web and mobile technology solutions in support of ESD’s MWBE related business requirements under the general direction of the IT department and Executive Director of the Division of Minority & Women’s Business Development (MWBD). Applicant must possess a proficient knowledge of current Web, Mobile and Microsoft Application Development platforms, cloud infrastructure and SaaS tools and programming languages. Applicant must be able to work both independently and in a team environment. Duties will include: application design and coding, system installation/maintenance, diagnostics/performance monitoring, project management, end user support, training, system disaster recovery, application testing and documentation as well as to provide technical assistance in any other area of IT as directed by department managers.
- Analyze business requirements and develop project plans and timelines that utilize available application development technologies to improve organizational business functions
- Research, design and implement innovative technology platforms, taking on an active role in all stages of the application development life cycle
- Provide Data Analysis and Ad Hoc reporting as required by application users and ESD Management
- Liaise with project managers, end users and 3rd party vendors in support of application requirements
- Research new technologies to improve professional knowledge and maintain an industry current skill set
- Drive the continuous evolution of best practices for implemented platforms
- Design and implement a variety of training programs
- Create workflow, SOP (standard operating procedure) and technical specification documentation and diagrams
- Monitor and Optimize Application Performance
- Optimize Application Code
- Assist with IT Disaster Recovery efforts, testing and documentation
- Perform other related duties and / or projects as directed by IT Management.
Position expected to work onsite and/or remote consistent with NYS and ESD guidelines and needs.
EDUCATION & REQUIREMENTS:
Education Level required: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, software development or a related field. A Master’s degree in fields above is preferred.
Relevant experience required: Minimum of 5 years extensive experience in a related field.