About Fishtank Learning
Fishtank Learning’s mission is to provide teachers with the curriculum and resources they need to engage, challenge, and inspire their students. Through an easy-to-navigate OER curriculum site,, teachers can access full instructional materials for grades K–12 in ELA, grades 3–11 in Math and grades 1–5 in Science and Social Studies, which they can use, adapt, and download for free.
Formerly known as Match Fishtank, the website was launched in 2016 to share curriculum developed for use in Match schools. Over the past decade, a highly skilled team of former teachers and instructional leaders have worked to develop and continuously refine the instructional materials shared on the website. Since its inception, more than one and a half million educators around the world have turned to Fishtank Learning for curricular resources, and the website is now a leading source of high-quality instructional materials for teachers everywhere.
Overview of Role
Fishtank Learning is seeking a full-time Product Manager to lead the work of continuously updating and improving the Fishtank Learning curriculum website. The Product Manager serves as the key point of connection between curriculum writers and the staff responsible for Web Development and Marketing. The Product Manager is responsible for all content presented on the website and manages the process of content ingestion to ensure the highest standards are met for the display of the materials. Working with the Curriculum, Marketing, and Technology teams the Product Manager also plays the lead role in planning new website features and serves as the project manager for key product improvements. The Product Manager also recruits, hires and manages contractors, interns, and staff members tasked with proofreading, formatting, and uploading content.
This position is an exciting opportunity to work in a growing, mission-driven ed-tech organization that is producing a cutting-edge digital curriculum product. The Product Manager will interact with all sides of the organization’s work including curriculum development, professional learning, web-design and development, user experience, customer service, sales and marketing.
The ideal candidate shows extremely strong attention to detail, excellent organization and project management skills and a strong ability to collaborate across teams and functional areas.
The Product Manager currently reports to the Chief Executive Officer of Fishtank Learning, Inc.
- Manage all parts of the content uploading process (entering of curriculum content into the back-end of the Fishtank Learning website) including coordinating deadlines with curriculum directors, sending drafts to be proofread, working with curriculum directors to make changes as needed, prepping materials to be uploaded to the website, and managing the uploading process to ensure timeliness, consistency and quality.
- Manage the development of new website features and curriculum resources.
- Recruit, hire, train and manage contract workers, interns and staff who work on the content uploading process.
- Identify product improvements and plan out, execute, and oversee related projects.
- Plan and oversee changes to both back-end and front-end of the website to accommodate new curriculum resources or respond to customer requests.
- Serve as a liaison to partner organizations that share Fishtank Learning curriculum content.
- Communicate with customers to obtain feedback on website features, useability, and content.
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Sales team to create resources to support the sales cycle.
Education, Experience, and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 3 years of relevant work experience
- Strong project management skills with a keen ability to map out complex projects and hold others accountable for their part of the project
- Self-directed, with a strong attention to detail and ability to organize personal workflow, balance multiple projects, and work independently with periodic check-ins
- A strong eye for visual details and ability to identify inconsistencies in printed and digital materials
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively with many different team members and partners
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to adapt style and tone as needed
- Proficient in Google Suite, project management tools, and basic experience with simple graphic design programs
- Strong interest in K-12 education preferred
NOTE: While we are considering applicants in other parts of the country, location in the Greater Boston area with willingness to work in a Boston-based office in the future is preferred.