Site Reliability Engineer, Co-op
is more than just a tech company–we are a global leader that is transforming the legal experience for all by while .
We are currently seeking a new Site Reliability Engineer, Co-op to join our Engineering team in Burnaby, Calgary or Toronto. This role is also available to candidates across Canada, excluding Quebec.
Applicants should be available for a 8 month co-op period from September 2021 to April 2022. We will be accepting applications throughout May, June and July
What you’ll work on:
- You will be creating, improving, and maintaining a globally distributed mesh of Clio service regions that acts as a foundation for each of our clients across the world to excel within their respective jurisdictions.
- You will be nurturing and evolving the development ecosystem at Clio by providing the tools, infrastructure, and services that our developers rely on to transform the practice of law, for good.
- You’ll be recognizing opportunities for process improvement or automation and then writing clean, maintainable code in order to erase the manual task or nullify the pain point.
What you may have:
- You are an active, eager learner in pursuit of hard problems.
- You are curious by nature and love to dig deep on problems, always asking “Why?”.
- You communicate in a clear and concise manner, regardless of medium (text, voice, and in-person).
- You are a rational and critical thinker, with an inclination for evidence-based decision making.
- You have a team-first mentality and will naturally step in to support co-workers when you perceive them to be in difficulty.
- If you have experience or interest in some of these areas, we’d love to hear from you and encourage you to apply.
- Experience writing clean, maintainable code.
- Experience administering Debian GNU/Linux hosts.
- Experience working with containerized services.
- Experience working with cloud resources on the common cloud providers (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud).
Serious bonus points if you:
- Experience managing hosts with Puppet.
- Experience working with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience developing with Ruby or GoLang.
- Experience managing AWS resources with CloudFormation.
- Experience scripting with BASH.
- Experience administering any of: Elasticsearch, Kafka, MySQL, Redis.
We are an award-winning team that is both human and high performing–and are setting new standards for what it means to be a tech company. Clio has been recognized as one of , and has topped .
Our team shows up as their authentic selves, and are united by our mission. We are dedicated toand believe that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and better innovation.
At Clio, we pride ourselves in enabling our teams to do the best work of their careers and are committed to providing the tools and infrastructure needed, wherever you choose to log in from.
Learn more about our culture and benefits at
At Clio, we are on a to transform the legal experience for all. As the world's leading provider of cloud-based legal software, we provide lawyers with low-barrier, affordable solutions to manage and grow their firms more effectively, more profitably, and with better client experiences. Through the cloud, we believe that we can help create a more inclusive legal community and a more equitable legal system. .
In line with our mission, we’ve been up to some big things, including becoming a launching a , and most recently, securing a US$110M which came with a US$1.6B valuation.
This is a historic moment in the growth of legal technology and trust us, you want to be a part of this! As the first legal practice management unicorn globally, and one of only a handful of Canadian unicorns, this is only the beginning. If you’ve ever wanted to do the best work of your career, while having a meaningful impact in the lives of others, then Clio is the place for you.