Corporate Site Reliability Engineer - Location Flexible - Veterans Encouraged to Apply
Role DescriptionAs an automation focused Corporate Telemetry SRE at Dropbox, you’ll have the opportunity to influence the infrastructure strategy and technical direction of one of the most exciting technology companies in the world. Successful candidates will have a deep passion for building and maintaining secure and scalable services in a dynamic and fast-moving environment. We are particularly interested in engineers who are able to drive improvement projects in the automation and observability space and handle incidents in an effective and organized manner. This role will serve as a technical lead of programs related to monitoring, metrics and reliability throughout the ITS organization.
- Collaborate across multiple teams including Corporate Operations, Corporate Networking, Client Platform Engineering, Security and Telemetry
- Build automation/tools to measure, detect and remediate service health of our applications in the environment
- Drive improvement projects related to service health visibility for our stakeholders, ranging from service owners to C-level
- Work with systems such as infra deployment, collection of metrics, authentication and directory services, DHCP, DNS, etc.
- Perform periodic on-call duty to manage incidents related to the reliability of Dropbox corporate service
- Experience driving one or more transformational programs related to metrics and observability
- Functional experience with AWS technologies
- Strong Linux knowledge - e.g. internals, filesystems, volume management
- Experience with scripting in a higher level language (Python preferred)
- Experience developing automation to solve infrastructure-related tasks with tools such as Puppet/Chef/Ansible/Terraform/Saltstack
- Previous experience with telemetry-oriented products within the SRE space - e.g. Splunk, SignalFx, Datadog, Sumologic
- Experience with log analysis and building metrics from log data
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking, network & application-level security (VPNs / proxies)
- System/network debugging skills are a must
- Proven track record of coordinating or leading small cross-team technical projects
- A fundamental understanding of Zero Trust
- Military veterans strongly encouraged to apply! Leadership, integrity, teamwork, and global perspective are just a few of the skills learned through Military service. At Dropbox, we value the experiences of current and previous members of the U.S. Armed Forces. This role is open to any qualified candidate, however we have identified that the qualifications for this role match many of those who have served in the U.S. military. If you are a veteran please be sure to mark your veteran status at the bottom of the application. You can read more about our commitment to hiring veterans at .