Technical Writer – IT Life Sciences - Remote
The American College of Radiology (ACR) is a progressive membership organization representing nearly 40,000 medical specialists in radiological care. As a member of our team, you will join a world leader in patient-centered care advocacy, policy and clinical research, quality and safety. Our culture encourages innovation, diversity, integrity and leadership. A nonprofit 501(c)(3), ACR (the American College of Radiology) has over 500 purpose-driven employees in the Greater Washington, DC and Philadelphia region.
If you share our core values of: Leadership * Integrity * Quality * Innovation, we want you on our team!
Based on these strategic objectives, ACR is seeking a Technical Writer to provide support to IT initiatives supported by the Quality Assurance department across the College.
Principal duties include:
· Research, plan, develop, organize, write, and edit technical software development lifecycle (SDLC) validation documentation for multiple concurrent projects, ensuring that the documentation is clear, concise, and accurate
· Revises existing or develops new policies, SOPs, WIs in support of the SDLC process to ensure compliance with applicable regulatory requirements (GxP, HIPAA, HITECH, HITRUST, etc.)
· Research, evaluate, and recommend tools and methods to improve documentation development efforts
· Ensures quality control of all documents, maintaining continuity of style and content
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
· College degree in Computer Science, Technical Writing, or related relevant field
· 5+ years of technical documentation experience preferably in a regulated biotechnology/healthcare environment
· Ability to translate complex technical information into easily understandable documentation
· Must have excellent English grammar, spelling, punctuation, and sentence structure abilities in order to write clear and accurate documents
· Excellent attention to detail, strong organization skills, plus ability to prioritize and multi-task
· Familiarity with the software development lifecycle
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Familiarity with JIRA and Confluence tools a plus
If you would like to put your experience to great use in a professional team-oriented environment, please apply online. To learn more about ACR’s rewarding employee experience, culture, and benefits, visit:
ACR offers a rewarding employee experience: innovative culture, professional growth potential, competitive compensation and an exceptional benefits package, including a defined contribution pension plan, 403(b); generous paid time off package; insurance plans with the leading providers; flexible spending; tuition reimbursement; training opportunities; and wellness reimbursement.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Fully Remote