Associate Account Executive with Education-Focused PR Agency (Remote)
Are you interested in pursuing a career in communications on the national stage? Are you passionate about helping innovative organizations make a great impact on our nation’s schools? Does an organization with a diverse and high-profile client base that will provide great opportunities for professional growth sound appealing? If so, then read on:
Larson Communications is a growing public relations firm that has developed a reputation as the nation’s premier public education reform communications organization. With team members in the San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, Sacramento, Chicago and Denver, we serve clients across the country as they do positive work with thousands of children and families.
Larson Communications has a values-driven culture. We believe in cultivating a work environment for all that fosters a dedicated, passionate and high-performing team. Our shared values of service, commitment to excellence, integrity, team and passion fuel our work.
Our seasoned, nimble team has over eight decades of experience in raising the visibility of great organizations, including some of the most innovative charter school and education reform organizations in the country. We celebrate this cause and we are looking to bring aboard a self-motivated, highly skilled Associate Account Executive to join our team.
As Associate Account Executive, your job duties will include:
- Acting as the primary support with clients, partnering with teammates to foster strong relationships and deliver results for clients
- Drafting, editing and finalizing communications materials to internal and external audiences (e.g. press releases, pitches, fact sheets, talking points, presentations, social media content, etc.)
- Working with top-tier media outlets in the education and policy beats, including managing media relationships on our clients’ behalf
- Overseeing the firm’s internal systems, including media contact database, time tracking system, etc.
- Engaging in the firm’s new business development process, including doing background research and drafting business proposals for prospective clients
- Staying updated on the latest trends in public relations as well as being an active participant in the education reform movement
- Serving as ambassador of Larson Communications when networking with clients and professional peers
Qualifications and skills required:
- 2 – 4 years of experience the public relations or public policy arenas
- Direct experience pitching to media is a plus
- Search engine and social media advertising experience is a plus
- Direct experience working with charter schools or other organizations in the education reform space is a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Social media management experience for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- A team player with a collaborative spirit and demonstrated experience in leading team projects
- Ability to meet tight deadlines with an eye for detail
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative, Suite, social and digital media tools, as well as Meltwater, is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, marketing, business administration, public policy or a related field
- Team culture focused on growth and mentorship
- Professional development opportunities
- Flexible work environment
- Competitive compensation
- Individual health care contributions
- 401K matching
- Unlimited vacation
Location: Larson Communications offers a mostly remote work environment.
Send resumes and a cover letter towith the subject line ‘Associate Account Executive application for Larson Communications.’ To be considered, please incorporate the word ‘pineapple’ into your cover letter. Please no phone calls.