Project Coordinator - Web, Social, Video
Block by Block Creative helps nonprofits, campaigns, NGOs and other mission-driven organizations connect to audiences through creative storytelling. As we expand, we now seek a Project Coordinator to help plan, track, and complete a wide range of projects across video, social, and web.
As our Project Coordinator, you have a deep love of spreadsheets, task management, and designing workflows. Nothing makes you happier than a project delivered on time and to specs. You're an expert in online platforms for teams, including Asana, Google Drive, and Slack. You have a recent model computer and solid internet connection.
This is a remote contract position for three months, at roughly 30 hrs per week at $25/hr beginning mid-June. Possibility of extension after that.
You will be required to attend our weekly team meetings and occasional ad hoc meetings or trainings online via videochat. While working mostly on your own flexible schedule, you must be available during business hours on weekdays to complete projects.
- Proven work experience as a Project Coordinator or similar role for creative projects involving video production, social media, and/or web development
- Experience in project management, from conception to delivery
- Solid organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem-solving skills, and attention to detail
- Strong client-facing and teamwork skills
- Hands-on experience with Asana, Google Suite, Dropbox, and Slack
- Willingness to wear many hats and work collaboratively on a team, while being able to work on a self-directed basis when necessary
- Available during business hours, starting mid-June
- Eligible to work in the U.S.
- Prefer candidates working in the Eastern time zone, but open to the right candidates from anywhere in the U.S.
- Coordinate project management activities, resources, equipment and information
- Break projects into doable actions and set timeframes
- Manage team calendars
- Assign tasks to internal teams and assist with schedule management
- Make sure that clients’ needs are met as projects evolve
- Monitor project progress and handle any issues that arise
- Act as the point of contact and communicate project status to all participants
- Assist with logistics for video production work, including booking travel, renting equipment, and shipping media
- Assist with onboarding staff and contractors
- Light administrative work