Engagement Associate, CEO Water Mandate
Position: Engagement Associate, CEO Water Mandate
Organization: Pacific Institute
Salary Range: $46,000-$50,000 USD commensurate with qualifications for US-based applicants (or equivalent for non-US-based applicants)
Benefits for US-based applicants include fully paid health insurance for employee and dependents (medical, dental, and vision), employer-matched retirement savings contribution, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, and generous paid leave (vacation, sick, personal days, and holiday).
Application Deadline: EOD Tuesday, June 22nd
Founded in 1987, the Pacific Institute is a global water sustainability think tank based in Oakland, California that combines science-based thought leadership with active outreach to influence local, national, and international efforts in developing sustainable water policies. Our mission is to create and advance solutions to the world’s most pressing water challenges. From working with Fortune 500 companies to disenfranchised communities, we lead local, national, and international efforts in developing sustainable water policies and delivering meaningful results.
The UN Global Compact is the world’s largest corporate sustainability initiative with over 11,000 participating companies in 163 countries, and 68 Local Networks around the world. It enables and supports companies across all sectors, geographies and sizes in their efforts to help meet the SDGs. Today 75% of participating companies have activities to advance the SDGs.
Together, the Pacific Institute and the UN Global Compact administer the CEO Water Mandate, an initiative dedicated to garnering business commitments to action on water stewardship and building business’s capacity to realize those commitments and achieve the water-related dimensions of the Sustainable Development Goals.
The Engagement Associate, reporting to Engagement Lead, CEO Water Mandate helps manage the websites, networks, software, and other technical assets that support engagement with prospective and existing Mandate endorsing companies, stakeholders, and the general public.
- Managing and updating the daily operations of the CEO Water Mandate’s website (and sub-sites, including that of the Water Resilience Coalition)
- Publishing blogs, news, and other web content to the CEO Water Mandate website
- Managing and updating the Mandate’s web-based reports
- Managing and updating the Water Action Hub’s Solutions Library
Endorser onboarding & engagement
- Engaging with prospective and new Mandate endorsers to complete necessary paperwork, surveys, UN Global Compact participation, etc.
- Tracking endorser status on the CEO Water Mandate website
- Collecting and posting Communications on Progress to the Mandate website
- Reminding Mandate endorsers of upcoming Communication on Progress deadlines
- Adding all new endorser contacts to Constant Contact, Salesforce, and relevant UNGC databases
- Manage shared online folder of Mandate-related communications assets, information on company engagement interests, etc.
Outreach & Tracking
- Managing the Pacific Institute’s Google AdGrants and Google Ads account
- Coordinating Mandate-related entries into Pacific Institute’s Salesforce account
- Tracking metrics and analyzing the results for the Institute’s water stewardship web-based strategies to determine their effectiveness
- Compiling communications-related statistics related to water stewardship and CEO Water Mandate for Director of Communications & Outreach to present at quarterly board meetings.
Communications & Events
- Managing communications-related work for the Pacific Institute water stewardship project outputs, including proofreading and managing contractors, such as copy editors, graphic designers, and print vendors.
- Coordinating with Pacific Institute Communications Manager to assure effective and appropriate alignment between Mandate and PI communications functions and brands
- Managing cross-postings, where relevant, between Institute’s and Mandate’s websites
- Managing and deploying biweekly Mandate newsletters and mailings to endorsers and stakeholders
- Responding to requests regarding the CEO Water Mandate from the general public
- Managing web registration and technical implementation for CEO Water Mandate digital events
- Copy editing and formatting for CEO Water Mandate publications
- Support CEO Water Mandate staff in technical implementation of online and in-person events (e.g., registration, notifications, etc.)
- Support CEO Water Mandate staff in project and programs administration as needed
- Outstanding written and verbal skills.
- Solid experience in WordPress, Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop.
- Experience with website and email campaign design and management.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Familiarity with communications-related technology, including Salesforce, Google Analytics, and Google Ads.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work closely and constructively with others.
- The ability to manage time effectively, handle multiple tasks, and set and meet deadlines.
- Strong creative skills combined with outstanding attention to detail.
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Experience with web development and graphic design software and application
- Demonstrated interest in and a commitment to water sustainability, including familiarity with the literature, technology, and stakeholders in the field.
- Familiarity working with the media, including reporters, producers, and editors.