Location: Flexible within the U.S., Washington, D.C. metro area preferred (Remote)
Daily Kos is the nation's largest liberal online political community, news organization, and activism hub. Powered by millions of highly engaged supporters, we’re building progressive power by connecting grassroots activists to hundreds of people-powered organizations and campaigns.
Daily Kos Liberation League (DKLL) is an initiative of Daily Kos's Activism department. Grounded in strategic campaigns, coalition and relationship building, and political education, we work towards a radically inclusive progressive movement with BIPOC, LGBTQ+, religious minorities, immigrants, people with disabilities, and more to the center of policy.
We are seeking a strong, confident, and impassioned Coalitions Campaigner to work in our fast-growing Activism department to assist with creating, running, and tracking multi-partner campaigns and joint petitions that grow the size of our community while effecting change. Our email list has grown from 2 to 3.4 million subscribers since the 2016 presidential election. Your work would be key to expanding our reach further and mobilizing those people.
Coalitions Campaigner is an entry-level position in Daily Kos's Activism department. In this role you will work to become familiar with all basic department and organizational processes, as well as types of emails we send. You will lead issue campaigns under the supervision and support of Activism management/higher level team members. You will also represent Daily Kos at coalitions meetings and calls.
Are you interested in a wide variety of issues? Do you have a desire to help build progressive organizations? Do you enjoy group projects?? Are you made happy by both writing and spreadsheets? This could be the job for you!
- Serve as the primary means of email list growth for Daily Kos Liberation League by organizing multi-partner activism campaigns (a.k.a. swaps) hosted on Daily Kos Liberation League, and measure and meet metrics.
- Write content, including petitions, emails, social media share pages, and blog posts to update Daily Kos community on the progress of these multi-partner activism campaigns.
- Work with colleagues to produce email, SMS, blog and social media content for Daily Kos Liberation League.
- Develop and launch creative digital campaign strategies and tactics in coordination with DKLL Campaign Director and Long-Term Campaigns team
- Write compelling and persuasive content based on campaign priorities and rapid response needs -- including action pages, emails, blog posts, and more -- to engage the Daily Kos community
- Support department-wide GOTV efforts as needed
- Represent Daily Kos at in person or virtual events connected to these campaigns
- 1-2 years work at campaign or advocacy organizations, and/or involvement with progressive advocacy campaigns that generated attention and had an impact. Ideally, some experience with coalitions.
- Experience using a CRM database.
- Experience with data crunching, tracking, analysis, and presentation.
- MSExcel experience is required.
- Superb writing and proofreading skills with an eye for accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong time management and organizational skills; ability to field and prioritize multiple tasks
- Exceptional communication skills both online and in-person
- Ability to handle a fast-paced, dynamic virtual working environment. (We have offices in Oakland and D.C. but we are all virtual during the pandemic)
- Understanding of U.S. politics and elections and the players or a willingness to learn.
- Be tech and internet savvy. We use Slack, Streak, Google Docs, Hangouts, Dropbox, Asana, and lots of other tools that make work life easier.
Salary: $55,000 - $65,000
This position is a 40 hour/week, full-time exempt position and reports to the Daily Kos Liberation League Campaign Director. Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States. The position offers a flexible work environment, the ability to work remotely or from home, competitive salary, excellent benefits including: full medical, dental and vision benefits, optional 401K with a company match, remote worker stipend, a generous vacation package, traumatic grief leave, as well as employer-paid parental/family leave. Our organizational commitment to personal growth and work-life balance reduces churn and encourages a very rewarding long term position.
At Daily Kos, we believe that the diversity of ideas, experiences, and cultures that our employees contribute to our organization help us be more effective activists, and we are proud to be an inclusive and equal opportunity workplace. We have a team of amazing people with different backgrounds and talents that are energized by the day’s news events, and people united by common cause. We’re a company that loves learning and supports growth and training for all our employees.
Women, people of color, and LGBTQ individuals strongly encouraged to apply.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Note: Daily Kos does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee.