Internal Communications Manager
Since 1951, The Nature Conservancy has been doing work you can believe in protecting the lands and waters that all life depends on. As a science-based organization, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that we can create a world in which people and nature thrive.
We’re rooted in our Mission and guided by our Values, which includes a Commitment to Diversity and Respect for People, Communities, and Cultures. We know we’ll only achieve our Mission by hiring and engaging a diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we work. Whether it’s career development, work/life balance, or a rewarding mission, there’s lots of reasons to love life #insideTNC. Our goal is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that all of our colleagues around the globe feel a sense of belonging, and that their unique contributions to our mission are valued.
The Nature Conservancy is seeking an Internal Communications Manager for the Worldwide Office Development division who will be responsible for managing and implementing an internal communications strategy utilizing multiple communication channels. The Manager will need to be a skilled communicator, able to craft messages based on input from multiple sources and creatively address communication needs for a large, dispersed division. The Internal Communications Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Planning and drafting communications on behalf of the Chief Development Officer, in collaboration with division leadership committees.
- In collaboration with WO Development staff and leadership, creating and implementing a communication plan to ensure that communications within the division and to Development staff in the field are comprehensive, clear and timely.
- Developing and distributing fundraiser messaging for organization news, in collaboration with the Director of Donor Relations.
- Delivering virtual meetings designed for all Development staff in the organization.
- Managing the WO Development Internal Communications Committee which collaborates to design and deliver the Ask & Learn call series for the division, plan division townhalls, and advise on key communications.
- Managing a range of communication channels, including email, intranet sites on the SharePoint platform, Workplace groups, and division or all Development calls.
- Administering the communications production calendar.
- Working closely with the Development Program Coordinator to gather submissions, design and edit the monthly Development newsletter.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years related experience or equivalent combination.
- Experience managing and implementing multiple projects.
- Experience with current and evolving technology in communications.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams.
- Experience, coursework, or other training in principles and practices of communications.
- Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience appreciated.
- Ability to manage and implement complex processes.
- Ability to work in partnership with others in a collaborative role.
- Advanced knowledge in current and evolving technology related to communications, including SharePoint.
- Demonstrated ability to conceive and write creatively for various audiences.
- Knowledge of current and evolving trends in communications, preferably in a non-profit environment.
- Proficient in interpreting guidelines and manipulating, analyzing, and interpreting data.
- Strong organization, planning, and problem-solving skills.