Senior IBM i AS400 Customer Support Engineer
- This position requires working directly with the sales team to present product solutions via Powerpoint to customers, identify their specific requirements, assist in the implementation of software products, and provide general level 1 product technical support to customers, including product troubleshooting.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of IBM i/AS400 support experience ideally from a top tier software engineering company.
- Experience with running jobs, performing backups, qsysopr, and TCP/IP protocols.
- Experience with OS400 security and in-depth knowledge of all aspects of security on the IBM i, including audit reporting and security activity monitoring.
- Assist Sales team through preparation and delivery of technical presentations and statements of work by matching specific client business requirements into effective technical solutions.
- Participate in sales activities, including assisting in sales seminars and attending trade shows.
- Recommend product enhancements and provide input for prioritizing product corrections to Level 2 Product Development.
- Understanding of the OS400 architecture and be fully proficient with OS400 commands and CL preferred.
- Proactively and effectively identify customer needs and overcome objections to proposed solutions.
- Support new and existing sales efforts via technical demonstrations and presentations.
- Deliver technical and sales oriented presentations to customer’s technical staff and senior management.
- Excellent understanding of corporate IT environments, including business and regulatory needs.
- Proven track record of 3rd party IBM i/AS400 software experience.
- The ability to work as part of a team with a total commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Excellent communication skills are a must as you will be interacting with customers and prospects.
- Maintain high level knowledge of competitive product lines, especially as it relates to technical strengths and weaknesses of the competitor's products and what strategy company should develop to counter.
- Maintain high-level knowledge of all other products/services, competitive product lines, and industry through self-education and resources.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Fully Remote