Chapter Empowerment Coordinator
The Foundation for Climate Restoration is a nonprofit organization committed to creating a paradigm shift that will accelerate climate restoration. Our goal is to reduce CO2 in the atmosphere to pre-industrial levels by 2050. The Foundation aims to accomplish this through dynamic education and advocacy and by promoting climate restoration solutions. The Foundation for Climate Restoration is committed to dramatically expanding and empowering our volunteer-led chapters network in the U.S. and around the world.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume before June 15th.
The Chapter Empowerment Coordinator is responsible for recruiting, engaging, and energizing chapters that will accelerate climate restoration through work with the media, elected officials, community leaders, and the general public. The Chapter Empowerment Coordinator will identify and develop volunteers who become chapter leaders and members and work together to build and sustain grassroots impact.
The Foundation for Climate Restoration is seeking a Candidate who is mission-driven and able to speak about living a life of purpose and meaning or is willing to learn to speak in that way. We are looking for a passionate, entrepreneurial person who is both coachable and committed to empowering others to make a difference on climate restoration. The position requires a significant amount of cold-calling.
We are seeking a candidate who is outgoing, persistent, personable, highly organized, determined, and up for making big asks of volunteers. The candidate must have excellent written and verbal communications skills. The role reports directly to our Chief Operating Officer and can be remote.
- Launching Chapters: Under the tutelage and coaching of our consultant, Civic Courage, the position involves a significant amount of cold-calling in order to
- identify hosts who will build inviting teams of 5-10 people, and will then
- lead the inviting team calls,
- support the inviting process as the teams invite their friends to the chapter launch workshop,
- lead the chapter launch workshops, and
- lead the follow-up, 4-part new group trainings.
- Sustaining Chapters: Again, under the tutelage of our consultant, Civic Courage, the candidate will organize the logistics, content, and inspiration for the monthly conference calls/webinars, lead weekly chapter leader calls, lead a monthly training call, and prepare action sheets and other materials, all as part of building a structure of support that deeply empowers the chapters and chapter health.
- Own the planning, execution, optimization, and reporting on the health of the chapters.
- Passion for the Foundation for Climate Restoration’s mission of educating, activating, and empowering the media, community leaders and the public to create a paradigm shift to accelerate climate restoration.
- Mission-driven and able to speak about living a life of purpose and meaning or is willing to learn to speak in that way.
- Passionate, entrepreneurial person who is both coachable and committed to empowering others to make a difference on climate restoration.
- Outgoing, persistent, personable, highly organized, determined, and up for making big asks of volunteers.
- Experience with grassroots or community organizing, environmental or political campaigns, or volunteer outreach/recruitment is helpful.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and people skills.
- Proven ability to engage people and inspire them to act.
- Self-starter with a strong desire to connect with individuals in communities nationwide and around the world and empower them to make the difference in the world they’ve always dreamed of making.
- Able to travel every four months to communities around the U.S. (and to connect on video platforms with communities around the world) to launch and empower Foundation for Climate Restoration chapters.
- Flexible and able to wear many hats as part of a small, fast-moving team.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to own tasks outside of your job description. Excellent collaboration skills and a good sense of humor
- Experience using a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system and high comfort level with learning new digital tools.