Who We Are
Riley’s Way Foundation sees a future where kind leaders build a better world. We empower young people to use kindness, empathy and meaningful connections to drive that change. Riley’s Way is a national non-profit organization, based in Brooklyn, NY, that supports and connects young leaders around the country to become powerful voices and kind leaders in their communities. Our local and national programs provide teens the tools and resources to envision change and achieve it.
Riley’s Way Foundation is seeking a highly motivated individual to join the team as our Program Coordinator, specializing in project coordination and administration, teen leadership development, curriculum documentation and development, and coaching and mentoring students. The Project Coordinator will work closely with our leadership team to support, administer, and grow some of our core grant-making and leadership development programs for teens, including the Riley’s Way Councils, the Call for Kindness, and Youth Leadership Retreat. They will provide support and coordinate program logistics and timelines; drive student engagement; document and organize program curriculum and materials; create tool kits, tip sheets, lessons learned, and other materials; mentor student projects; and schedule and coordinate meetings and events. The Program Coordinator will also be instrumental in coordinating our online learning and networking series, the Kind Leadership Series, and other curricular initiatives and materials.
You are the ideal candidate if:
- You are passionate about kindness, youth leadership, and social justice.
- You are great at facilitating a youth-led perspective and elevating youth voices.
- You are excited about cultivating inclusive youth-led spaces and experiences.
- You thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- You are a strategic thinker and take initiative and get things done.
- You have impeccable writing, communication, and synthesizing information skills.
- You love the details and take pride in operations and putting systems in place.
- You care deeply about and practice DEIA (diversity, equity, inclusion and access).
Major Roles and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the logistics and administration of Riley’s Way programs and events.
- Help mentor, coach, and guide teen leaders and projects and materials.
- Manage logistics for online training and other events including scheduling, recruitment, and follow-up.
- Develop systems to collect, track, synthesize, and organize program logistics/materials.
- Help develop and document curricular materials; create tool kits and synthesize key takeaways from programs and events.
- Facilitate communication and cultivate an active and engaged student and alumni community outside of events and program meetings.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with a knack for working across multiple projects and timelines.
- Experience working in youth and social justice spaces; and working with High School students and students from diverse backgrounds.
- Understanding of and experience with DEIA or JEDI concepts and practices.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in developing and documenting programmatic curriculum and materials.
- Familiarity and experience with remote learning or organizing.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, collaboration, team building, and facilitation skills.
- Commitment to the mission and vision of Riley’s Way Foundation.
- Have a proven track record in youth leadership, advocacy, education or a related field (2+ years of professional experience).
Location: The job can be a mix of in-person and remote work, but the candidate should ideally be based in the tri-state area. Flexible work schedule with some evening and weekend hours, travel, and in-person meetings in our Brooklyn office and partner schools throughout NYC.
Our Values: Riley’s Way is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, and political affiliation. We continually seek to create an inclusive work culture where talented people of widely different backgrounds are welcome and can thrive.
Riley’s Way is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding, equitable, and that enables each of us to realize our potential. Riley’s Way values are grounded in kindness, empathy, connection making, and youth leadership; and we have a strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.