We’re looking for a self-directed, detail-obsessed, customer service aficionado to join our team providing top-notch bookkeeping to diverse small businesses and non-profits.
A successful candidate will independently manage a diverse range of for-profit and non-profit small business accounts, utilizing Quickbooks online and cloud-based systems and applications, to ensure clients receive up-to-date financial information on a weekly or monthly-basis. Ideal candidates are organized and clear communicators, both with internal WW team and with clients, and obsessive in attention to detail.
Successful candidates love to problem solve, work with people, and are excited to serve the small business community and help our awesome clients do their best work by taking care of the behind the scenes bookkeeping for them.
- Independently manage day-to-day relationships with assigned clients, including communicating proactively with clients and Wanderwell Team.
- Perform full charge bookkeeping functions for assigned clients, including entering bills and recording payments; preparing monthly summary reports and supporting in year end report delivery; managing accounts receivable and supporting collections; filing sales tax.
- Communicate and meet with clients regularly to answer questions, troubleshoot, or explain financial information.
- Employ exceptional customer service and communication skills to respond gracefully and punctually to clients and Wanderwell, while continually find ways to improve our services.
- Independently manage schedule and workload, proactively keeping up with our internal operational reporting to ensure our whole team is on the same page.
- Contribute to our collaborative team culture by supporting team mates' in problem solving; contribute to company process and systems improvement.
- 5+ years of bookkeeping experience; Quickbooks Online experience required; familiarity with non-profits and non-profit bookkeeping practices strongly preferred (this hire will manage both non-profit and for-profit clients).
- Experience with a range of small business bookkeeping and/or experience in a client-based environment preferred.
- Ability to identify potential problems, analyze issues, and provide proactive solutions.
- Exceptional customer service skills, with demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and graciously.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and proven ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability thriving in independent work environments with little direct supervision.
- An active interest in supporting the growth and success of a community of mission-driven, interesting businesses.
Wanderwell is a consulting and bookkeeping practice that grows thriving small businesses, while investigating new models for being in business. Wanderwell integrates financial expertise with an empathic, vision-forward approach, and leads with the belief that businesses can help create a new paradigm that centers people, community, and the environment.
Our team works both remotely and in person with a results and relationship-driven approach. Our clients are a motley crew of inspiring, driven, passionate & compassionate, and interesting businesses covering a breadth of fields of practice.
We strive to be thoughtful about how we approach our work and lives, and we believe “work-life-integration” is a better framework than balance, and thus strongly believe in structuring our work and jobs in the direction of happiness. We allow for flexibility in work hours, and we regularly take time during “normal business hours” to spend time with family, take a yoga class, or walk in the woods with a friend, and we balance that freedom by showing up 110% when we are at work.