Data and Evaluation Manager
America Needs You (ANY) fights for economic mobility for ambitious, first-generation college students. We do this by providing transformative mentorship and intensive career development. ANY operates in New York, New Jersey, Illinois and California. Visitto learn more.
We care deeply about creating a diverse and inclusive space for our Fellows, volunteers, stakeholders and staff, and strongly encourage first-generation college graduates and talented individuals of all backgrounds to apply. We actively seek to learn from a variety of perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer in accordance with state and federal law. Read more about our Core Values and commitment to Diversity and Belonging at
Reporting to the National Program Operations Director, The Data and Evaluation Manager is a critical member of the national ANY Operations team and plays a key role in ensuring the day-to-day effectiveness of our growing organization. The Data and Evaluation Manager is responsible for assisting ANY and its staff in using data to inform the development and implementation of ANY programs and services. The Manager will own the collection, analysis, compliance, audit, dissemination and utilization of all ANY data and systems. This position will oversee all evaluation activities of the organization and coordinate with all local program sites regarding implementing and maintaining uniform data collection, reporting, utilization and evaluation protocols. The Data and Evaluation Manager will cultivate relationships and position themselves as a proactive manager and thought leader on data, evaluation, and systems excellence at ANY.
The Data and Evaluation Manager aims to:
- proactively monitor and provide solutions for day-to-day, short-term, and long-term problems related to data tracking, program data reporting, and utilization of all systems at ANY;
- eliminate duplicate data tracking across multiple systems;
- create, monitor and update staff utilization of data tools, systems, and reports to ensure efficiency;
- ensure that Salesforce continues to serve as ANY’s sole customized CRM for all data and is aligned with program and evaluation needs.
- Lead data-driven program insights, monitoring, and quality control
- Create, roll-out, and maintain a data collection plan across all existing systems specific to previously determined program outcomes, including training and capacity building of all staff
- Establish, implement, and maintain comprehensive data collection standards, policies, procedures, and training to support efficient, accurate, and timely data tracking and to ensure data quality and integrity
- Create timelines and processes for data quality review, reporting accuracy, and quality assurance; ensure program teams have the most up to date knowledge about all systems
- Create expectations and best practices around data utilization and data-driven management all staff
- Execute strategies to ensure that collected data is used to improve implementation, modify programs, hold ANY accountable, and share outcomes with external parties as needed
- Prepare and deliver periodic updates and customized reports on the progress of the ANY programs to the organization’s board of directors, funders, partners, leadership and program teams as needed
Surveys and Evaluation:
- Conduct all program surveys and work with sites to understand and follow-up on results
- Develop ongoing and as-needed internal and external presentations demonstrating program impact
- Support ANY evaluation efforts to measure larger impact made for first-generation college students as well as volunteers
- Partner with senior leadership and program staff to establish evaluation priorities for all program areas and the organization overall
Systems/Platforms and Vendor Management:
- Develop and deliver regular trainings and testing to ensure ANY’s knowledge is on par with intermediate to advanced level utilization of all systems
- Manage all vendor relationships, consultants for systems, and conduct sourcing, system upgrades and proposal development as needed for all existing and new systems
- Provide day-to-day administration, user profile creation, license renewals, customization/architecture (adding new fields/formulas), template reports and troubleshooting, and updates for Salesforce, Classy, ZEngine, and all other data collection, evaluation, and survey tools
- Recommend new solutions and execute organizational change as needed to utilize new platforms
- Research and assess new software to increase organizational efficiency (i.e. collaborate with teams on finding better peer fundraising platform, file sharing system, etc.), manage software licenses/purchases/training (Adobe, iContact, etc.).
- Identify, assess and analyze new organizational needs and find solutions to meet those needs.
- Manage meetings, follow up, projects, execution of the Data and Health Systems Committee
- Attend Saturday workshops Quarterly
- Maintain regular interaction with our Fellows, Mentor Coaches and staff to evaluate how technology can help with service delivery
- Other tasks as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 3-5 years of data analysis and evaluation experience interacting with multiple systems (e.g. Salesforce) in a related role
- Strong task and project management skills, including the ability to integrate big picture goals with specific tasks needed to move complex projects forward effectively
- Experience with utilizing common data programs for collecting inputs and reporting outputs
- Ability to build relationships and create alignment with individuals from a wide range of perspectives and backgrounds
- Ability to be creative and engage in proactive system-level problem solving
- Microsoft Office proficiency (advanced proficiency with Excel and Word required) and comfort learning new online systems
Salary is in low to mid $50K range and commensurate with experience. The position can be based in New York or fully remote and based in the United States.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com (subject line: Data and Evaluation Manager – Last_Name, First_Name). Please note that your application will not be considered without a cover letter. No phone calls please.