Customer Experience/Helpdesk Specialist
About Mindful Schools
Mindful Schools empowers educators to spark change from the inside out by cultivating awareness, resilience, and compassionate action. Our vision is for all children to learn in “mindful schools” that nurture a new generation of leaders to create a more equitable and thriving world. Since 2007, we have served more than 60,000 educators and their schools through professional development training, community resources and events, and most recently, national schoolwide mindfulness programs.
In 2020, we completed a significant initiative to codify our course offerings, revise the content, approach, and delivery to be more equity-centered and trauma-sensitive, and integrate schoolwide implementation content. Our products are all designed “by educators, for educators” with deep experience bringing mindfulness to schools. This includes our signature products: 101: Mindfulness Foundations, 201: Mindfulness in the Classroom, and the Domains of Mindful Teaching and Schoolwide Implementation Rubric. In 2021, Mindful Schools received a two-year. With this grant, we are focused on supporting school leaders, school counselors, and educators to implement mindfulness programs that positively impact wellbeing and social-emotional learning outcomes.
The Customer Experience Specialist handles an array of critical tasks that enhance the experience of our customers from enrollment and registration through participation and completion of our courses and programs and represents our organization as a first point of contact and ongoing resource for information and support.
To succeed in this role, the Customer Experience Specialist must be a proactive problem solver--someone who is experienced with helpdesk or call center customer service, a good listener who is able to communicate both verbally and in writing with clarity, kindness, and professionalism and who has polished interpersonal skills for cross-departmental collaboration and team projects. This role requires a quick learner who is tech savvy, enjoys data management, is highly organized and able to prioritize effectively, and who is always looking for ways to improve customer experience.
The Customer Care Specialist is a member of the Operations Team and will be cross-trained in course operations and groups enrollment, and will take on additional responsibilities or projects depending on skill-set and potential for growth.
Candidates must be located in the S.F. Bay Area.
This is a full-time position based in our Emeryville, CA. office. While the position may be performed remotely, it is a headquarters position, and candidates must be local to participate in-person for various meetings, training, and employee events. This role reports to the Senior Director, People & Operations.
This position utilizes Zendesk, Mailchimp, Moodle, Salesforce, Microsoft Office, Google Suite, SmartSheets, Slack, and Zoom.
- Provide information, resources, and support to a high volume of calls and Zendesk support ticket emails from individuals, school groups, and affiliated professionals
- Provide registration, cancellation, transfer, and billing/refund support for individuals, school groups, and certification program participants
- Create knowledge base articles for efficient customer communication
- Help Desk user experience optimization
- Internal organization of articles and ticket flows
Cross departmental collaboration
- Represent customer point of view based on customer feedback/questions/concerns
- Develop and update policies and processes
- Develop FAQs for new products/programs
Support Course Operations when needed
- Online course creation in Moodle
- Participant enrollment communications
Support School Group Enrollment when needed
- Assist groups with registration, transfers, cancellations, billing, completion reports, and other inquiries
General administration and support including but not limited to:
- Maintain accurate records in the Salesforce CRM
- Provide reports on number and types of help tickets received
- Assist with CEUs and graduate level credits
- Assist with certificates of completion
Other projects and support tasks as needed
- Website content management for specific pages
- New course set-up in Salesforce
- Zoom Live Sessions scheduling
- Facebook groups
Required Education, Experience, and Skills
- 5+ years experience in, and passion for, providing quality customer service
- Experience with Zendesk, or other helpdesk system
- Facility with CRM systems (particularly Salesforce)
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Proficiency with spreadsheets and comfortable with large datasets
- Tech savvy
- Outstanding organizational and task-tracking skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Outstanding people skills, with demonstrated success communicating with and collaborating in a multidisciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Ability to acquire, understand, navigate, and disseminate broad and comprehensive knowledge base of Mindful Schools programs, resources, and policies
Preferred Education, Experience, and Skills
- Experience working for an online learning provider
- Enrollment and registration experience
- K-12 education experience
- Zendesk administration experience
- Familiarity with SmartSheet
- Familiarity with Mailchimp
- Helpdesk experience
- Familiarity with Salesforce
- Experience with online Learning Management Systems (particularly Moodle)
- Familiarity with conference platforms like Zoom or GoTo Meeting
- Audio/video editing skills
- A personal mindfulness practice
Working at Mindful Schools
At Mindful Schools, we believe the most effective way to create meaningful change is by instilling a mindful, heart-centered relationship with ourselves and our community. We strive to connect with our bodies, hearts, and minds and to bring awareness into our interactions so that we can embody the change we wish to see in the world. Building a movement for deep systems change can be challenging and inspiring work. We support our team by creating opportunities to cultivate personal mindfulness competencies and by practicing our organizational values with intention and integrity.
Be Curious: We ask authentic questions, listen without judgment, and take on a learner’s mindset.
Be Kind: We notice suffering, cultivate compassion, and respond with care.
Be Brave: We act with courage to do what’s right and just, even when it’s hard.
Build Connection: We thrive when we work together, nurture relationships, and empower the collective.
Seek Joy: We look for moments of lightness, celebration, and gratitude, even when things are hard and heavy.
Grow Love: We recognize the radical power of love. Love inspires us to grow, change, and be our best selves in service of others.
Mindful Schools is committed to building a team that represents diverse cultures, perspectives, skills, and experiences in order for our employees, our programs, and our community to thrive.
Expected Hours of Work/Location
This position has an expected 40-hour work week and will operate from Mindful Schools' headquarters office in Emeryville, CA., and/or in a remote, commutable San Francisco Bay Area location of the employee’s choice.
All candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in the job description. If this role speaks to you, we encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you tick all the boxes.