Executive Assistant: Investment and financial activism firm
Employment Type: Full-Time (Pacific Time Zone)
Salary: $20.00 per hour
Adasina Social Capital is an investment and financial activism firm that believes that community-sourced impact data should set the standards for how publicly traded companies participate in racial, gender, economic, and climate justice. Our diverse team of people from non-traditional backgrounds works closely with the communities we intend to impact – aligning investors with social justice movements. In addition to managing investment portfolios, Adasina mobilizes investors to drive long-term impact through industry campaigns and education.
The Executive Assistant will act as an administrator to a financial firm focused on social justice, working primarily with the Chief Operations Office (COO) and the Director of Operations (DoO), and the Chief of Staff to the CEO. The Executive Assistant’s work will primarily be with the Operations Team, which is responsible for managing Finance, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, Client Services, Technology, and Business Systems for the firm as a whole.
Details of Role
EMAIL & CALENDAR MANAGEMENT (50%)
- Actively manage high-volume email inboxes and calendars for COO and DoO
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT (30%)
- Assist COO with maintaining timelines for multiple projects and performing follow-up
- Create agenda, take notes, and perform task follow-up for multiple team and vendor meetings
- Proofread, professionally format, and maintain file organization for documents in G Suite
- Create and maintain simple financial and tax reports
- Track and manage receipts and expenses for various team members
- Assist Chief of Staff to the CEO with administrative tasks
BUSINESS MANAGEMENT (20%)
- Make and manage travel arrangements for various team members
- Create corporate meeting agenda and minutes
- Maintain Google Drive files and file structure
- Demonstrated interest in communications and operations
- 1-2 years of relevant experience
- G Suite experience and high proficiency
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with a diverse range of staff, partners, and vendors
- Strong organizational skills and time management abilities; capacity to prioritize competing responsibilities.
- High attention to detail and consistent commitment to accuracy
- Willingness to learn new skills and systems and to collaborate in other areas as needed
- Experience with Salesforce or similar customer relationship management database
- Experience with Trello and Monday.com or similar project management Work Operating System
- Experience developing/managing relationships with diverse groups of people
- A basic understanding of investing or finance is useful, but not required
Adasina values creating a diverse workplace that reflects our values and community. Women, BIPOC, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Investment management and financial services are a highly regulated industry, therefore all applicants must respect confidentiality, adhere to the firm’s Privacy Policies and Code of Ethics. Pursuant to the California Fair Chance Ordinance, Adasina Social Capital will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.