Business Development Representative (remote)
We're looking for someone who can help us grow by generating awareness and engagement with NextRequest’s software. You’ll do initial outreach to prospective customers, gauge interest, set up trial accounts for prospects, and follow up to ensure they have a great first experience with our company. You should be as comfortable picking up the phone to make 50 calls in a day as you are spending a few minutes getting a single user completely comfortable testing the application. You will be the first person from NextRequest people talk with and will create their initial impression of our product and brand.
This is a great opportunity for someone who loves talking with people and can clearly explain how things work and their benefits. If you want to support a team that helps the government be more efficient and transparent on a large scale this is the job for you!
You'd be a good fit if you have:
- 1 year or more of experience doing business development, sales, fundraising, customer success, or account management
- No problem making calls and engaging with people via phone
- Empathy and persistence (not pushiness)
- Timely follow up
- Great verbal and written communication
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- A strong work ethic and drive to meet and exceed goals
Extra points if you have:
- Worked with governments and/or technology companies
- Worked in a startup or fast-paced environment
- Have worked under and met quota for a commission-based salary
What you will do:
- Prospect for new customers using phone and email
- Set up trial accounts and educate customers on the value NextRequest provides
- Pass qualified leads to Account Executives for further conversation
- Follow up with prospects to encourage engagement and answer questions
- Coordinate with sales reps, marketing, and support teams regarding next steps on accounts as prospects move towards becoming customers
- $45,000-50,000 Base Salary + Commission
We’re committed to a workplace that reflects our community. We especially encourage applicants who are underrepresented in the tech industry, including women, people of color, and LGBTQIA candidates, to apply.