Marketing Content Writer
Kopka Pinkus Dolin is a dynamic, regional law firm that seeks a Marketing Content Writer with 5+ years of experience to join our team. This is an amazing opportunity to create innovative copy and written content to help the firm expand its reach and grow through marketing initiatives. Our marketing team is based in the Midwest, but we are open to remote candidates as well!
The Marketing Content Writer will create unique, engaging copy and written content for the firm's website, social media, and marketing materials, including attorney biographies, news summaries and PowerPoint presentations.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience writing copy or writing content for both online and print mediums. The ideal candidate will also demonstrate excellent writing skills, including the ability to write effectively for audiences inside and outside the firm.
• Written Content: Write creative copy and content for the firm's website, social media platforms, and marketing materials, including attorney biographies, news summaries, and PowerPoint presentations.
• Metrics and Analytics: Create and utilize metrics, charts, and visual depictions of the firm's successes throughout all marketing platforms.
• Tracking and Reporting: Maintain firm's databases utilized for marketing, business development, public relations, and client services, and generate reports as requested.
• Proposals: Coordinate the firm's RFP protocol process, including drafting and submitting proposals for new business as needed, and participate in planning and presentations efforts as requested.
• Design and Implementation: Conceptualize and implement creative ideas from concept to design, including developing new and innovative presentations; and planning, executing, and improving marketing initiatives in the firm's digital and print marketing materials.
• Strategic Planning & Implementation: Develop, implement, and support the firm's business development and client services plan consistently with the firm's strategic plan and policies as set by the firm's management team. Facilitate development, implementation, and tracking of business development plans across all practice groups and for each attorney with the firm's plan and policies. Participate in the firm's strategic planning activities with respect to evaluation and improvement of present client relations and services and future business development opportunities and activities.
• Media/Public Relations: Prepare and manage public relations activities and communications for the firm, including press releases, new attorney announcements and notices, other firm announcements and media materials.
• Newsletters, Brochures, and Promotional Materials: Design, update, and maintain online and print marketing and business development materials for the firm and attorneys, including firm and attorney profiles, practice descriptions, brochures, and electronic newsletters. Also oversee mailing list creation and updates.
• Website and Social Media: Manage the firm's web site via a content management system (WordPress), social networking for the firm and its attorneys and other electronic communications, including creating, drafting, and updating content, images, and other visuals for the firm's online presence.
• Brand Consistency: Ensure firm's online presence is on brand and consistent throughout all digital mediums. Craft unified, cohesive visual stories and messaging across all mediums, telling a complete and engaging brand story.
• Visual Content: Utilize Adobe Creative Suite and InDesign to create high-quality visual content for in-house marketing, as well as corporate visual identify and branding.
• Event Planning and Coordination: Manage business development functions, events, and opportunities for the firm, including developing, organizing, and providing support for conferences, seminars, and other special firm-sponsored events.
• Coaching and Training Attorneys: Coordinate training in business development and client services for attorneys and staff of the firm. Track progress and encourage tailored business development opportunities for each attorney and practice group in all locations.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, English or Journalism, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of prior experience in writing copy, written content, or other professional writing.
- Prior experience working for law firms, insurance companies, or Third-Party Administrators is a plus.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be proficient with PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), Microsoft Office software, and WordPress.
- Prior experience with zoom, live presentations, and WebEx meetings.
- Ability to collaborate and juggle multiple projects and tasks at the same time, without compromising on quality or focus.
- Proven experience developing creative marketing strategies based upon written copy and visual content for the brand across mediums.
- Have a portfolio of content that you can show us.
- Be a self-starter and have an ownership mentality towards getting work done and achieving outcomes.
WHY WORK FOR US
This is a fantastic opportunity that offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience and excellent benefits!
Submit your portfolio and resume today for immediate consideration!