Senior Data Engineer, Jira Align
Atlassian is looking for a Software Engineer to join our Jira Align Data Team which is responsible for building data solutions to enable in-product reporting and data warehousing needs. We are looking for an open-minded, structured thinker who is passionate about building services that scale, and is not afraid of tackling new challenges. On a typical day you will be working on challenging initiatives related to data management and scaling our data platform. You will be implementing strategies to ensure that our product data is accurate and reliable for downstream consumption by our Jira Align customers.
More about youAs a software engineer in the Jira Align Data Team, you will have the opportunity to apply your strong technical experience building highly reliable services. You enjoy working in a fast paced environment and you are able to take vague requirements and transform them into solid solutions. You are motivated by solving challenging problems, where creativity is as crucial as your ability to write code.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 4+ years professional experience as a software engineer or data engineer
- A BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong programming skills
- Experience building platforms and micro services
- Experience working with databases such as sql server and postgres
- Experience with data modeling
- Knowledge of data warehousing concepts
- Experience with structuring data, and data storage practices
- A willingness to accept failure, learn and try again and an open mind to try solutions that may seem crazy at first
- Experience working on Amazon Web Services (EC2, SQS, S3)
- A passion for building and running continuous integration pipelines.
- Experience with remote and distributed teams
- Experience with software development methodologies including Agile, Scrum
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.