Senior Data Engineer
Hipcamp unlocks access to private land, creating new places for people to get outside and go camping, glamping, or RV’ing. We believe that spending time in nature is essential to a happy and healthy human life, and we are deeply passionate about our mission to get more people outside. We are proud of the impact Hipcamp creates by making nature more accessible, providing income to support the protection of private land, and creating community across the urban rural divide.
As an Engineering team, we believe programming is a practice like yoga or surfing. It is a skill that can be eternally improved, an art form so infinitely complex that it cannot be mastered. We encourage team members to continue learning and exploring their curiosities. We like to deploy features early and often, learning as much as we can in the process. The foundation of our blameless culture is trust in our engineers.
Learn more about Hipcamp Engineering .
About the Role
In this role, you will work with analytics, data science, product and business operations to define simple data products that are a delight to use. You will strive to build simple, trusted and highly organized data sets that unlock insights and drive critical decision-making.
- Manage the Redshift Data Warehouse and S3 data lake
- Manage data at the source and ensure it meets a high quality bar for clarity and consistency
- Collaborate with analytics, product managers and data scientists to understand data needs
- Design, build and launch new data models in production
- Independently design, build and launch new ETL processes in production
- Mentor others around query efficiency, schema modularity and schema design
- Support existing processes running in production and implement optimized solutions with limited guidance
- Identify the data needed for a business problem and implement required logging
- Implement data controls to ensure privacy, security, compliance, data quality, and data operations
What Success Looks Like
- Data warehouse management experience
- ETL design, implementation and maintenance
- Programming in at least one language
- Schema design and dimensional data modeling
- Data analysis and debugging
- Experience working with stakeholders in analytics, engineering and business to build reusable data products
What Sets You Up For Success
- 4+ years in data engineering or related job function
- Experience with an ETL framework (Airflow, Nifi, Dagster, etc)
- Knowledge and practical application of Python
Compensation will be a mix of salary and stock options. It is based on your location and will be highly competitive compared to similar-stage companies.
Health is essential to happiness. In addition to full health insurance, all team members receive a monthly wellness stipend and $1K in Hipcash because we believe getting outside is excellent preventative medicine in addition to increasing your creativity, lowering your stress, and making you an overall more awesome human.
We focus on results, not hours. We believe that clearly defined goals combined with great people, empowerment, and autonomy create the best results. We feel confident that inclusive and diverse teams working on an important cause can accomplish extraordinary things.
Hipcamp is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In fact we are confident that the most inclusive and diverse teams accomplish the most extraordinary results.