Senior Cloud Engineer - #8201
In this position, you would be responsible for designing, building and deployment of tools, services, frameworks and modules that enable engineers to build and operate applications, and integrate with public cloud services for consumption across all Fanatics Product and Engineering teams.
- Subject matter expert in the utilization of the tools, services, and reusable modules and frameworks to automate provisioning of cloud infrastructure.
- Provide Product and Engineering teams with standards and best practices on how to deploy and consume public cloud services.
- Proactively seek opportunities to improve team operational efficiency and consumption of cloud services.
- Research and implement new cloud technologies applicable to our applications ecosystem.
- Contribute to an atmosphere of cross-functional teamwork.
- Operate with a product mindset.
- Provide training and documentation of services and modules for internal usage.
- Closely partner with Architecture and Security teams to incorporate respective requirements and best practices.
- Be part of on-call rotation.
General Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- 5 years of experience in software development with (Golang, Python preferred) or Java
- 5 years of experience using CI/CD frameworks and implementing best practices.
- Git, DevOps foundations, concepts like Service Ownership, SLAs and SLOs.
- Public cloud, preferably AWS, including concepts like VPCs, network peering, network routing, load balancing.
- Service Mesh, Control Plane Architectures, and Software Defined Networking.
- Infrastructure automation like Ansible, Terraform, or Cloud Formation.
- CI/CD Technologies like Gitlab, Jenkins, Spinnaker.
- Experience on big data technologies deployed on the cloud like EMR, Data Pipelines, ElastiCache, Kinesis, Athena, SQS, RDS, etc
- Experience with container technologies like GKE, EKS, ECS, Docker, and Kubernetes.
- Strong understanding of Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate technical issues and solutions to peers and external vendors.
- Strong active listening, conflict resolution, negotiation, consensus-building skills, and passion to learn new technologies.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS: In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.