Digital Graphic Designer – SimonSinek.com
There’s an entire section of the bookshop called “self help” but there is no section called, “help others”. We are working to build the “help others” industry. And we can’t do it alone.
We are looking for a very special person who is a great team player. A person who craves feedback (ALL kinds) to help them grow. A person who is willing to ask for help when they need it and offer it when others need it (even when they don’t ask and even when it’s outside of the scope of your work). And also wants to have fun.
If this sounds like you, read on…
About the position:
Optimism Online is Simon Sinek’s digital company. We create and curate live online classes, on demand courses, B2B experiences, podcasts and live stream events all designed to help advance our Just Cause. We are looking for a Digital Graphic Designer to join our team.
We recruit open-minded people of all gender identities, sexual orientations, ethnicities, abilities, and experience. We are committed to diversity, equity, inclusion and optimism.
Part time position: Digital Graphic Designer
Location: fully remote in the US
Hours: 15 – 20 hours per week, with flexibility and the ability to sometimes work to short deadlines
Hourly rate: based on experience
Interviews and start date: we’ll review applications on a rolling basis. For candidates who are invited to interview, we will contact you via email to schedule a time. Start date is flexible and preferably ASAP.
Please note: applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Design and create graphic assets for social media platforms, marketing emails, online class assets and the company website
- Maintain and monitor brand guidelines across platforms
- Manage and organize an accessible design and asset library
Ok, now’s the part where it’s about you. Are you or do you have…
- 2-5 years of relevant digital design experience
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and Monday.com
- Experience with WordPress, HTML, CSS preferred
- Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography
- Familiarity with best practices for social media, email, and web graphics respectively
- A strong eye for visual composition
- Effective time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- The ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Highly-detail oriented
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects and timelines
- The ability to make quick decisions and revisions based on internal feedback and external data
If the answers are primarily yes… read on….
If you’re still smiling, here’s the list of the things you to need to do to apply:
- We are experimenting with an aptitude test. Please take the following fifteen minute test on Criteriacorp.com. Click link below to start:
- Send us: your resume, a cover letter (max 400 words) and some of your most recent work.
- Create: a set of social media graphics for one of our live online classes.
1 – 1080×1080 (square)
1 – 1920×1080 (wide)
1 – 1080×1920 (tall)
Class title: Beat Burnout
Subtitle: a new live online class
We’re looking for something simple, human, and eye-catching (something that would make you stop scrolling through your social media feed). Please incorporate some kind of graphic element or illustration as well.
Create: a simple quote card.
1 – 1080×1350
Quote: “Good friends make us better people. They cheer us on when we hit bottom and keep us humble when we reach the top.” – Simon Sinek
Phew. You’re done!
Please send all application information above and include job title DIGITAL GRAPHIC DESIGNER in the email subject to
“Changing the world takes more than any one person knows, but not more than we can do together. So, let’s work together.” – Simon Sinek