Senior Software Engineer
This is a fully remote, contract to hire role.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced Senior Software Engineer who will lead our Sustaining Engineering team. Candidates should have comprehensive software development and analytics experience, good organization and communication skills, and be able to work well within a fast-paced, geographically distributed team environment. Candidates must be self-directed, confident, eager to solve problems, and be able to work without requiring a great deal of supervision. This role will focus on Sustaining Engineering efforts to perform root cause analysis and resolution of Production issues, build a services practice to manage customer data acquisition, and document and work to improve our processes and platform through the reduction of Technical Debt. Also, as your time allows, you will work on any number of projects.
What you'll do:
Production Escalations and Analysis
- Analyze Production Escalations (Issues) and partner to determine root causes (Full Stack!)
- Direct, create, and enforce organizational policies and trainings to reduce recurrent production issues
- Utilize Atlassian tools to organize and prioritize work
- Help to facilitate Operational meetings
- Build processes and manage the enterprise customer data acquisition (SQL Server, Amazon Glue, DynamoDB)
- Drive procedures to science and automation
- Develop fixes and enhancements for the Real Time Portal, Admin Site, and Mobile application
- Working closely with Development, Product, and QA teams to coordinate efforts
- Develop extremely clean, secure, and scalable code
- Troubleshoot and debug software code to optimize overall performance throughout the stack
and Experience needed:
- React Native and/or relevant mobile application experience (2+ years)
- Angular development experience (2+ years)
- API development experience (3+ years)
- SQL (particularly SQL Server) experience (4+ years)
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership
- Fluent in SQL and SQL query creation and tuning, and stored procedures
- User of application analysis tools (e.g. Application Insights, New Relic)
- Skilled in browser dev console analysis
- NoSQL Experience, specifically DynamoDB
- Experience working with AWS products
- Experience working within an agile software development system, specifically using Scrum
- Experience with secure coding standards
- Confident and ready to work directly with Operations team internally, and with enterprise customers when required
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field preferred.
- At least eight years of related experience required.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- You'll be part of a team that helps save lives every day, and improves the lives of 100,000s of people!
- Competitive base salary
- Work from home
- Ongoing training and coaching for career development
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage with significant company contribution
- Disability insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings program