Solutions Engineering Manager
As a Manager of Solutions Engineering, you will lead a global team of Labelbox Solution Engineers and work across all Labelbox teams in driving successful outcomes for all Labelbox customers. The ideal candidate has experience working with technologies related to artificial intelligence, machine learning and/or deep learning.
You are responsible for removing technical and business related obstacles in front of a sale, advocating for customer interests to relevant internal teams, and creating compelling technical content. You get excited talking to engineers, product managers, technology leaders, and also know how to distill technical concepts to our buyers.
As a part of the sales team, you are not just helping someone use our app, you are collaborating with business and technical teams as they build pioneering technology, often the first of its kind for their industry.
- Lead a team of world-class Solutions Engineers to make customers win
- Own both the long-term technical strategy and the day-to-day operations for the Solutions Engineering function, including fostering innovation and implementing best practices
- Ensure the Solutions Engineering team is executing against Labelbox’s sales process while building and maintaining value along each step of the process
- Hire and coach highly technical professionals
- Oversee new hire onboarding and solution engineering enablement efforts
- Work closely with the customer success team to ensure smooth transitions for new customers
- When appropriate, engage directly with customers in large and strategic sales opportunities across the global sales team
- Lead cross-functional efforts to resolve critical customer situations
- Coach Solutions Engineers to effectively distill and advocate customer interests, needs and product feedback to Engineering, Product and Design
- Maintain awareness of internal product roadmap to evangelize with customers and internal teams
- Support the creation of externally facing technical literature including blog posts and case studies
- 5+ years of professional experience working directly with technology related to AI/ML
- Passionate about solving customer problems
- Familiar with both open source and commercial technology solutions in the AI/ML space and can leverage this knowledge to help Labelbox customers in their selection process
- Adept at collaborating, communicating, and aligning across internal teams
- Demonstrated problem solving and quantitative skills, combined with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to represent the Solutions Engineering function to executive management
- Enterprise sales experience in B2B software, ideally in AI/ML
- Analytical mindset to support setting up and measuring team staffing, performance, and customer behavior
- Excel at communicating complex ideas and technical subject matter to senior stakeholders and clients