Lead Full-Stack Developer
About the opportunity
Springboard Collaborative invites talented and passionate candidates to apply for the position of Full Stack Developer. The Full Stack Developer will be responsible for internal and outsourced technical product development and sustaining. A successful candidate will be proactive, have good attention to detail and strong analytical skills, be flexible/adaptable, be calm under pressure and be able to think strategically.
The Full Stack Developer will report to the VP of Engineering, Systems and Products and work as part of the Engineering, Systems and Products Team team at Springboard. This is a great opportunity to support an entrepreneurial team in maximizing the impact of a rapidly growing organization.
Who we’re looking for:
- Proactivity: Candidates who act without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company.
- Attention to detail: Candidates who not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Analytical skills: Candidates who are able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. Exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights.
- Flexibility/adaptability: Candidates who can adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Calm under pressure: Candidates who can maintain stable performance when under heavy pressure or stress.
- Strategic thinking/visioning: Candidates who are able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way. Determines opportunities and threats through comprehensive analysis of current and future trends.
- Lead the outsourced technical development team
- New Technical Product Development
- Sustaining Engineering
- Work with Technical Product Managers to define and implement new technical products
- Inter- and intra- departmental collaboration
While this description is meant to provide a comprehensive overview of the responsibilities of the Full Stack Developer, we are seeking candidates who demonstrate flexibility and can adapt to evolving needs in an entrepreneurial environment.
Required skills, qualifications, and characteristics:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Proficiency in basic computer applications (Word, Excel, Google Suite) and ability to learn new systems
- 5-7 years of Full-stack development experience
- 1-2 years of experience working with and leading off-shore development teams
- Versed in Agile development methodologies including CI/CD
- Experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment
- Must be able to work flexible hours and interface with team's outside standard business hours.
This is a full-time position offering benefits and a salary within the range of $120,000 to $130,000, commensurate with Springboard Collaborative's Director-level compensation band.
Springboard Collaborative’s headquarter office is in Philadelphia, PA. Although applications are welcome from any location, preference will be given to candidates who live in or are able to commute to Philadelphia. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all Springboard Collaborative offices are closed till further notice.
Children typically spend 75% of their waking hours outside of the classroom, yet our education system does shockingly little to capture instructional value from that time. Parents’ love for their children is the single greatest—and most underutilized—natural resource in education.
Springboard Collaborative has cracked the code on activating and equipping low-income parents to teach at home. Since launching 10 years ago, we have grown Springboard’s reach from 40 to nearly 15,000 students across 22 cities and 700+ schools. Amidst rapid growth, Springboard consistently delivers best-in-class results. Students average aduring each 5- or 10-week cycle, closing the gap to grade-level performance by more than half. Weekly family workshops average 91% attendance. Springboard's work has recently been featured by , , and the ( ).