Site Reliability Engineer (Release Engineer)
Our flagship product, the SwissBorg app, offers over 250,000+ users the best price and liquidity across 15 fiat and 12 cryptos, as well as giving them the opportunity to earn passive income with our new Smart Yield account. And the community is growing fast, with over $1 billion in assets under management, weekly volume of over 250 million, and over 4,000 Premium users.
But that’s just the start in our mission to democratise wealth management by building products that allow individuals to manage their crypto assets at a touch of a finger. Whether you’re in Andorra or Zimbabwe, and whether your portfolio is worth one dollar or a million, SwissBorg gives you the best tools to learn about digital currencies and manage your wealth.
And this is where you come in...
As the first Release Engineer on our team, you’ll play a critical role in developing and maintaining our release processes and infrastructure. We depend on a small but highly skilled SRE team to keep the foundation safe and stable for our developers to build on. This means having stable systems, automation and the necessary tooling and preparation to respond to possible issues.
The Engineering team at SwissBorg operates with a strong DevOps culture, meaning you will be working collaboratively with development teams to ensure projects are efficiently developed, integrated and deployed. We believe a healthy work-life balance within our teams will enable everyone to do their best work. However, due to the mission-critical nature of this role, there is a real possibility of 3am emergency call if we experience an unexpected outage. As a team, we will do everything to avoid such a situation from happening and plan accordingly the work.
What you’ll be doing:
- Own, manage and improve our release process, from development to production.
- Maintain and scale continuous integration, delivery, and deployment infrastructure for reproducible and traceable builds and deployments.
- Support and improve our tools for continuous build, automated testing and release management.
- Focus on scale and efficiency.
- Simplify the management of Secrets and guarantee the Security of process.
- Improve the developer experience and present the current industry’s best practices.
What you’ll need:
- Systematic problem-solving approach coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive
- High level of autonomy, discipline, and willingness to learn
- Python or Golang skills, or a strong desire to improve your coding ability and infrastructure-as-code.
- Experience with AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform, and Ansible
- Experience with GitOps and ArgoCD is a plus.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a cross-cultural team
- Ability to express your ideas clearly, mostly written, and defend them if need be
- Curiosity and interest in fintech and the cryptocurrency space is a plus
Why you should apply:
- Freedom to build up the company that you’ve dreamed of- Learn with (cool) experts in finance, engineering, AI, psychology and business- CHSB bonus based on our meritocratic system- We'll provide you with a Macbook and a cutting edge tech stack to help you do your best work- Flexible work hours- Annual team retreats with colleagues around the world.- Continuous learning and development opportunities
Oh and are you planning on having a kid? That’s great! We have a bunch of those: you’ll get time off to enjoy that (other) adventure!
At SwissBorg, we embrace diversity. We strongly believe that getting to the best outcomes requires different perspectives and backgrounds. We’re committed to openness, curiosity and creating an inclusive culture as we know that diverse teams build better products and generate better ideas. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.